In Outlook Express spell checker stuck in French how to change it.

Herb

      25th Dec 2007
The language setting in the spell checker inOutlook Express is stuck in
French. (No other language option is available) The language in Office is
set to English!
How can I change it to English in Outlook Express?

Mary

      25th Dec 2007
Outlook Express has nothing to do with Office or Outlook settings. OE is a
Windows program. Change OE's settings in Windows Control Panel, Regional &
Language settings.

"Herb" wrote:

> The language setting in the spell checker inOutlook Express is stuck in
> French. (No other language option is available) The language in Office is
> set to English!
> How can I change it to English in Outlook Express?

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

      25th Dec 2007
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061228.htm

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Herb wrote:

| The language setting in the spell checker inOutlook Express is stuck
| in French. (No other language option is available) The language in
| Office is set to English!
| How can I change it to English in Outlook Express?

Charles

      7th Jan 2008
I beg to differ, Mary, but the same thing happened to me when I installed
Office 2007. When I started OExpress, the spell checker was in French, so I
checked my language region settings in Windows XP & guess what? It was still
set to English. So I decided that since the problem started with Office 2007,
I would see what the spell language was set on. The Office 2007 was set for
French, so I changed it to English and all of my Office 2007 programs
accepted the change and checks my spelling in English, but my Outlook Express
still tries to check in French. There is no way to change the language from
within OE Express. I am still searching for a fix since I use OE for the
speed and simplicity that it provides.

"Mary" wrote:

> Outlook Express has nothing to do with Office or Outlook settings. OE is a
> Windows program. Change OE's settings in Windows Control Panel, Regional &
> Language settings.
>

> "Herb" wrote:
>
> > The language setting in the spell checker inOutlook Express is stuck in
> > French. (No other language option is available) The language in Office is
> > set to English!
> > How can I change it to English in Outlook Express?

Gordon

      7th Jan 2008
"Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I beg to differ, Mary, but the same thing happened to me when I installed
> Office 2007. When I started OExpress, the spell checker was in French, so
> checked my language region settings in Windows XP & guess what? It was
> still
> set to English. So I decided that since the problem started with Office
> 2007,
> I would see what the spell language was set on. The Office 2007 was set
> for
> French, so I changed it to English and all of my Office 2007 programs
> accepted the change and checks my spelling in English, but my Outlook
> Express
> still tries to check in French. There is no way to change the language
> from
> within OE Express. I am still searching for a fix since I use OE for the
> speed and simplicity that it provides.

There are two fixes.
One - install the English proofing tools from Office 2003 if you have it, or
two - install a third-party spell check for OE. Google will give you your
choices.

luv2balive

      18th Jan 2008
This is a known Microsoft issue and get this! Their only solution is to
download third party software. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974. If
someone knows of a real fix, please post it

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061228.htm
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Herb wrote:
>
> | The language setting in the spell checker inOutlook Express is stuck
> | in French. (No other language option is available) The language in
> | Office is set to English!
> | How can I change it to English in Outlook Express?

Gordon

      18th Jan 2008
"luv2balive" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is a known Microsoft issue and get this! Their only solution is to
> download third party software. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974. If
> someone knows of a real fix, please post it

No, that is the only answer unless you have a copy of Office 2003 from which
you can install the English Proofing tools.
Outlook Express has been superceded by Windows Mail and so there will be NO
further development or fixes AFAIK...

New Member

      21st Apr 2009
I gave up and simply went to Windows Live Mail. Easier...

New Member

      20th Dec 2010
i fixed the problem !! I installed MS Office 2007 on an xp computer and it deletes the english spell check. The reason for this is that MS office 2007 does not like (not really compatible) with older versions of outlook as there is a new model. This means that it deletes some files. I am not telling you to use a pirate copy of MS office 2003 but if you can get a copy, run it on your computer, choose custom install, and install only MS outlook. Once this goes through you will have teh english labguage back