PC Review

outlook exchange account

15th Apr 2011
How can I move a profile from Exchange to a POP3 account?

Master of Logic

15th Apr 2011
is this a trick question?

are you trying to configure a mail client? need some details.

-Surfer

I'm not a rocket surgeon, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

15th Apr 2011
Here is the scenario:

I have an exchange profile on my computer but no longer have access to that exchange server. If I delete the exchange account from outlook I lose all my emails, folders, tasks, contacts, etc associated with the exchange profile.
I want to preserve that data with a new user profile.

Master of Logic

18th Apr 2011
Sorry for the late reply. Interwebz issues.

You will not lose any information from an account that is removed from Outlook. Mail is stored in a PST file. You can back this information up using the import/export wizard. It is advised to do this periodically to ensure you have a comprehensive backup of your data.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...001103081.aspx

Removing an account only causes the system to stop checking that account during a send/receive. However, if you do not have an organized folder structure to your inbox (or other storage method), then you may have an issue where 293847923784 emails will be jumbled and difficult to locate. To create a folder, simply right click Inbox and select new folder. You can create folders within folders just as you do with data storage.

-Surfer

I'm not a rocket surgeon, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: