outlook does not recognize one or more recipients

=?Utf-8?B?YmlsbGZyYW5rbGxpbjM4?=

      25th Jul 2006
Just updated to Outlook 2003, and when I type an e-mail address in the To
window, then try to send, I get an error popup saying "Outlook does not
recognize one or more recipients" and the message will not be sent unless I
add the address as a contact. I do not want to make a contact of every name
I might send mail to. In the specific instance, I wanted to send an e-mail
to be taken off a distribution list, and clicked a "Unsubscribe" link that
brought up Outlook.
How can I send a message to an address not in the Contacts or Address book?

Brian Tillman

      25th Jul 2006
billfrankllin38 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Just updated to Outlook 2003, and when I type an e-mail address in
> the To window, then try to send, I get an error popup saying "Outlook
> does not recognize one or more recipients" and the message will not
> be sent unless I add the address as a contact. I do not want to make
> a contact of every name I might send mail to. In the specific
> instance, I wanted to send an e-mail to be taken off a distribution
> list, and clicked a "Unsubscribe" link that brought up Outlook.
> How can I send a message to an address not in the Contacts or Address
> book?

Just enter the full email address in the To field.
--
Brian Tillman

=?Utf-8?B?YmlsbGZyYW5rbGxpbjM4?=

      26th Jul 2006
Entering a complete e-mail address in the To field is what was done. The
popup appears when Send is selected.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> billfrankllin38 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Just updated to Outlook 2003, and when I type an e-mail address in
> > the To window, then try to send, I get an error popup saying "Outlook
> > does not recognize one or more recipients" and the message will not
> > be sent unless I add the address as a contact. I do not want to make
> > a contact of every name I might send mail to. In the specific
> > instance, I wanted to send an e-mail to be taken off a distribution
> > list, and clicked a "Unsubscribe" link that brought up Outlook.
> > How can I send a message to an address not in the Contacts or Address
> > book?

> Just enter the full email address in the To field.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Brian Tillman

      26th Jul 2006
billfrankllin38 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Entering a complete e-mail address in the To field is what was done.
> The popup appears when Send is selected.

Does the mail address resolve (i.e., become underlined) when you tab out of
the To field?
--
Brian Tillman