Outlook Contact categories from 2003 to 2007

Robear

      15th Apr 2009
I previously had all my contacts in Outlook 2003 with categories assigned,
that I synced w/ my Palm Pilot. Have now transitioned to Outlook 2007 using
Exchange server. I imported all my old Outlook 2003 contacts into the new
profile for use with Outlook 2007 w/ Exchange. I now realize that I have
apparently lost all the categories and assignment of contacts to those
categories. Is there any way to get that back?
--
Robear

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      15th Apr 2009
"Robear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>I previously had all my contacts in Outlook 2003 with categories assigned,
> that I synced w/ my Palm Pilot. Have now transitioned to Outlook 2007 using
> Exchange server. I imported all my old Outlook 2003 contacts into the new
> profile for use with Outlook 2007 w/ Exchange. I now realize that I have
> apparently lost all the categories and assignment of contacts to those
> categories. Is there any way to get that back?

Importing is never the correct way to move data from one POutlook instance to
another. Importing always loses data. Just open the PST you used in the old
version in the new version and copy the data to the Exchange mailbox.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]