Outlook calendar/add new entry with Exchange & IMAP

exit42

      8th Feb 2012
Dear all,

I have Outlook 2007 with one Exchange Server account and an IMAP
account. I have configured the Exchange account as my default mailing
account. I only use the Exchange server calendar (called "Kalender"),
although the OST file for the IMAP account has a calendar (called
"Calendar"), too.

If I am, e.g., in email mode and click on "New appointment", enter a
new calendar entry, and save, the entry will be saved in the local OST
calendar for the IMAP account and not on the Exchange server account.
However, if I am looking directly at the Exchange server calendar, I
can enter appointments on this calendar.

So my question is this: How can I change the default calendar to save
new entries to the Exchange server calendar? I haven't seen an option
somewhere similar to selecting the default mailing account.

Thanks for any help,
Stefan

Diane Poremsky

      21st Feb 2012
Is the Exchange ost set as default? It should be. Note that imap
accounts don't use OST file.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 2/8/2012 11:48 AM, exit42 wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have Outlook 2007 with one Exchange Server account and an IMAP
> account. I have configured the Exchange account as my default mailing
> account. I only use the Exchange server calendar (called "Kalender"),
> although the OST file for the IMAP account has a calendar (called
> "Calendar"), too.
>
> If I am, e.g., in email mode and click on "New appointment", enter a
> new calendar entry, and save, the entry will be saved in the local OST
> calendar for the IMAP account and not on the Exchange server account.
> However, if I am looking directly at the Exchange server calendar, I
> can enter appointments on this calendar.
>
> So my question is this: How can I change the default calendar to save
> new entries to the Exchange server calendar? I haven't seen an option
> somewhere similar to selecting the default mailing account.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Stefan

exit42

      25th Feb 2012
On Feb 21, 4:51*am, Diane Poremsky <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is the Exchange ost set as default? It should be.

Yes, it is (it's set as default data file in account settings). That's
why I don't understand what's going on.

Stefan