PC Review

Outlook 2010 template appointment/meeting, VBA required for extended functionality

Chowderman

16th Aug 2012
Dear all,

Within Outlook as standard we can display the calendar, select a date/time slot/cell in the calendar, right click and select "New Meeting" or "New Appointment". This will bring up a blank form with a start date/time set at the point where we have "right-clicked".

I'd love to do this with a template Appointment/Meeting.

I have got as far as saving a template, pinning it to the programme taskbar(at the bottom of the Windows 7 screen). I have even done a bit of vba coding (code copied from Sue Mosher) and pinned the template to the Outlook Ribbon.

I don't know if it is possible to add the template to the "right-click" menu but at the very least I'd really love to be to select the date/time slot in the calendar and then, even if I access the template from my macro in the ribbon, for it to default to a start time of the date/time selected in the calendar with an end time at a set period after that start time.

Has anyone got any usefull hints? (or code!)

Failing that, can anyone suggest where else I might ask.

Thanks in advance
Harvey

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: