Outlook 2010 not responding

noxqcez

      3rd Feb 2010
Just finished a clean install of Windows7 Ultimate and Office 2010 Beta.
Previous .pst file loaded fine into the new Outlook and all data came. No
problems using Outlook 2010 yesterday. Today Outlook opens fine but hangs
after about 15 seconds at which time I receive NOT RESPONDING message in bar.
I've rebooted and used repair option and cannot resolve the issue. .pst file
is 1.9GB. Any suggestions?

DL

      3rd Feb 2010
Its a Beta version and as such has a sperate forum

"noxqcez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just finished a clean install of Windows7 Ultimate and Office 2010 Beta.
> Previous .pst file loaded fine into the new Outlook and all data came. No
> problems using Outlook 2010 yesterday. Today Outlook opens fine but hangs
> after about 15 seconds at which time I receive NOT RESPONDING message in
> bar.
> I've rebooted and used repair option and cannot resolve the issue. .pst
> file
> is 1.9GB. Any suggestions?

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

      3rd Feb 2010
"noxqcez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Just finished a clean install of Windows7 Ultimate and Office 2010 Beta.
> Previous .pst file loaded fine into the new Outlook and all data came. No
> problems using Outlook 2010 yesterday. Today Outlook opens fine but hangs
> after about 15 seconds at which time I receive NOT RESPONDING message in
> bar.
> I've rebooted and used repair option and cannot resolve the issue. .pst file
> is 1.9GB. Any suggestions?

Outlook 2010 questions go here:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...utlook/threads
Sounds to me like you could be using an ANSI PST with a size limit of 2GB.
Check that from within Outlook by right-clicking on the PST root and choosing
Properties>Advanced. If you see a reference to "97-2002" in the Format field,
that's the problem. Create a new PST and migrate the data:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ansi-to-unicode.asp
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

New Member

      28th Jul 2012
I guess your Outlook database might have got corrupt or must be in the verge of corruption as it's file size limit has reached 1.9GB. So it would be better for you to reduce the size of your PST file by deleting some of your data. If you think that all your stored data are of great importance then go for PST file splitting. But please ensure that you have a valid backup available before you split PST. If there is no backup available then Outlook 2010 Repair software is the only solution left for you.
http://www.outlook2010repair.com