Outlook 2007 Won't Retain Password

avbs

      18th May 2009
Tried entering it into e-mail acct from within Outlook and also from the
Control Panel in the Mail and User Accounts categories. Now the send works
without asking for a password, but not the receive????

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      18th May 2009
"avbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Tried entering it into e-mail acct from within Outlook and also from the
> Control Panel in the Mail and User Accounts categories. Now the send works
> without asking for a password, but not the receive????

Windows version?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

avbs

      18th May 2009
Sorry. Yes. Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, w/Service Pack 3

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "avbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Tried entering it into e-mail acct from within Outlook and also from the
> > Control Panel in the Mail and User Accounts categories. Now the send works
> > without asking for a password, but not the receive????

> Windows version?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      19th May 2009
"avbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Sorry. Yes. Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, w/Service Pack 3

See if either of these helps:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...a6298714477bf4
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290684
--