Outlook 2007 - Some folders have a "hand" icon, meaning?

GRakaska

      4th Apr 2008
I have searched and "googled" endlessly and have not found an answer. Some of
my Outlook 2007 folders had a plain folder icon, and some haver a folder with
a "hand" on it, similar to the one used on Windows Explorer folder shares.

What odes that indicate??

Diane Poremsky {MVP}

      4th Apr 2008
That you can share them. AFAIK, it only happens in Exchange mailboxes and
only if the folder was created in Ol2007. If you access the mailbox with
Outlook 2003 and make a folder it will not have the hand when you open it in
2007.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"GRakaska" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have searched and "googled" endlessly and have not found an answer. Some
> of
> my Outlook 2007 folders had a plain folder icon, and some haver a folder
> with
> a "hand" on it, similar to the one used on Windows Explorer folder shares.
>
> What odes that indicate??

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

      5th Apr 2008
For future reference, keep this page "handy" = http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, GRakaska asked:

| I have searched and "googled" endlessly and have not found an answer.
| Some of my Outlook 2007 folders had a plain folder icon, and some
| haver a folder with a "hand" on it, similar to the one used on
| Windows Explorer folder shares.
|
| What odes that indicate??

GRakaska

      8th Apr 2008