outlook 2007, sending 2 of 2, only 1 message in outbox

kayfam

      4th Dec 2007
whenever i send a message, Outlook indicates 'sending 1 of 1, sending 2 of 2'
even with only one message. if i'm sending 2 messages, it states '3 of 3'
etc. always sending one more message than is in the outbox. i have 2 email
accounts which i'm guessing may be playing a role here. at first i worried
that some robot was infecting my system. is this a bug in outlook? any
suggestions?
--
kayfam

K. Orland

      4th Dec 2007
I would guess that Outlook is attempting to send a read receipt:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/d...eadreceipt.htm

Let me know how you make out.

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"kayfam" wrote:

> whenever i send a message, Outlook indicates 'sending 1 of 1, sending 2 of 2'
> even with only one message. if i'm sending 2 messages, it states '3 of 3'
> etc. always sending one more message than is in the outbox. i have 2 email
> accounts which i'm guessing may be playing a role here. at first i worried
> that some robot was infecting my system. is this a bug in outlook? any
> suggestions?
> --
> kayfam

kayfam

      4th Dec 2007
Hi Kathleen, thanks for trying to help me. First, i do not notice a message
being sent if there is NO message in the outbox. it's just that i notice that
when i have X messages in the outbox, then outlook states 'sending N+1 of
N+1' when it does send and receive. when i executed the 'delete stuck
receipt' there were NO messages in the Messages in Folder pane under
mapi_folder-Root. any other idea? thanks again.
--
kayfam

"K. Orland" wrote:

> I would guess that Outlook is attempting to send a read receipt:
>
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/d...eadreceipt.htm
>
> Let me know how you make out.
>
> --
> Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>

> "kayfam" wrote:
>
> > whenever i send a message, Outlook indicates 'sending 1 of 1, sending 2 of 2'
> > even with only one message. if i'm sending 2 messages, it states '3 of 3'
> > etc. always sending one more message than is in the outbox. i have 2 email
> > accounts which i'm guessing may be playing a role here. at first i worried
> > that some robot was infecting my system. is this a bug in outlook? any
> > suggestions?
> > --
> > kayfam

Brian Tillman

      5th Dec 2007
kayfam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi Kathleen, thanks for trying to help me. First, i do not notice a
> message being sent if there is NO message in the outbox. it's just
> that i notice that when i have X messages in the outbox, then outlook
> states 'sending N+1 of N+1' when it does send and receive. when i
> executed the 'delete stuck receipt' there were NO messages in the
> Messages in Folder pane under mapi_folder-Root. any other idea?
> thanks again.

How many accounts do you have defined?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

kayfam

      5th Dec 2007
2 email accounts. thanks for looking into this.
--
kayfam

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> kayfam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi Kathleen, thanks for trying to help me. First, i do not notice a
> > message being sent if there is NO message in the outbox. it's just
> > that i notice that when i have X messages in the outbox, then outlook
> > states 'sending N+1 of N+1' when it does send and receive. when i
> > executed the 'delete stuck receipt' there were NO messages in the
> > Messages in Folder pane under mapi_folder-Root. any other idea?
> > thanks again.

> How many accounts do you have defined?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman

      5th Dec 2007
kayfam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> 2 email accounts. thanks for looking into this.

Documented issue.
<http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=group%3Amicrosoft.public.outlook.*+%2B2007+%2Bsending+%2Bextra+%2Bmessages&qt_s=Search+Groups>
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]