in outlook 2007 how to replace memo sytle printing as the default

=?Utf-8?B?U2FyYSBKYW5l?=

      16th Feb 2007
When printing an email message in Outlook 2007, my only choice seems to be
the Memo Style. I would like to change that option (in fact obliterate Memo
Style), so that it's possilbe to choose to print only 1 page. Never have
liked that Memo Style option.

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9jZWx5biBGaW9yZWxsbyBbTVZQIC0gT3V0bG9v

      17th Feb 2007
As far as I know, the print options in Outlook 2007 are still hard-coded, as
in earlier versions, and the only changes that can be made are in Page Setup.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Sara Jane" wrote:

> When printing an email message in Outlook 2007, my only choice seems to be
> the Memo Style. I would like to change that option (in fact obliterate Memo
> Style), so that it's possilbe to choose to print only 1 page. Never have
> liked that Memo Style option.

=?Utf-8?B?RGVicmEgTQ==?=

      25th Apr 2007
I agree with Sara. Before 2007 I used to get the normal print options screen
that I could select which pages I wanted to print. The same print window
that you would get in word or excel. But in Outlook 2007 I don't seem to
have that option and sometimes I only want to print a particular page of an
email -- not all or all odd or even pages.

any suggestions?

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> As far as I know, the print options in Outlook 2007 are still hard-coded, as
> in earlier versions, and the only changes that can be made are in Page Setup.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> "Sara Jane" wrote:
>
> > When printing an email message in Outlook 2007, my only choice seems to be
> > the Memo Style. I would like to change that option (in fact obliterate Memo
> > Style), so that it's possilbe to choose to print only 1 page. Never have
> > liked that Memo Style option.

=?Utf-8?B?VHJhZGVyIENodWNr?=

      16th Jul 2007
I replaced Office 2002 with 2007. I too am frustrated with the inability to
print, as only one example, selected portions of the message. Whoever
designed the new set up was ill advised and should have polled users first.
It is sometimes possible to get around this dumb design by copy/paste into a
different program but this requires more effort that should be needless. Just
today I wanted to print only the attachment and could not find how to do that
either.

To be able to get the usual print options screen would be great!

"Debra M" wrote:

> I agree with Sara. Before 2007 I used to get the normal print options screen
> that I could select which pages I wanted to print. The same print window
> that you would get in word or excel. But in Outlook 2007 I don't seem to
> have that option and sometimes I only want to print a particular page of an
> email -- not all or all odd or even pages.
>
> any suggestions?
>
> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
> > As far as I know, the print options in Outlook 2007 are still hard-coded, as
> > in earlier versions, and the only changes that can be made are in Page Setup.
> >
> > --
> > Jocelyn Fiorello
> > MVP - Outlook
> >
> > *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
> > only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
> >

> > "Sara Jane" wrote:
> >
> > > When printing an email message in Outlook 2007, my only choice seems to be
> > > the Memo Style. I would like to change that option (in fact obliterate Memo
> > > Style), so that it's possilbe to choose to print only 1 page. Never have
> > > liked that Memo Style option.

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9jZWx5biBGaW9yZWxsbyBbTVZQIC0gT3V0bG9v

      19th Jul 2007
If you click Other Options on the ribbon in an open message and then click
View in Browser, you may find some additional print options in the browser's
print dialog that would be helpful to you.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Trader Chuck" wrote:

> I replaced Office 2002 with 2007. I too am frustrated with the inability to
> print, as only one example, selected portions of the message. Whoever
> designed the new set up was ill advised and should have polled users first.
> It is sometimes possible to get around this dumb design by copy/paste into a
> different program but this requires more effort that should be needless. Just
> today I wanted to print only the attachment and could not find how to do that
> either.
>
> To be able to get the usual print options screen would be great!
>
> "Debra M" wrote:
>
> > I agree with Sara. Before 2007 I used to get the normal print options screen
> > that I could select which pages I wanted to print. The same print window
> > that you would get in word or excel. But in Outlook 2007 I don't seem to
> > have that option and sometimes I only want to print a particular page of an
> > email -- not all or all odd or even pages.
> >
> > any suggestions?
> >
> > "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> > > As far as I know, the print options in Outlook 2007 are still hard-coded, as
> > > in earlier versions, and the only changes that can be made are in Page Setup.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jocelyn Fiorello
> > > MVP - Outlook
> > >
> > > *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
> > > only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

=?Utf-8?B?VHJhZGVyIENodWNr?=

      19th Jul 2007
While still less satisfactory than Office 2002 this suggestion is valuable in
providing a way to avoid printing unwanted material. This saves on paper and
ink and, accordingly expense.