Outlook 2007 pst corrupt

powderbluelana

      14th Jan 2010

One of our employees Outlook 2007 pst file is corrupt. She can use Outlook in
safe mode but cannot open otherwise. She is running Windows XP. I ran the
standard Scanpst.exe on it and it says it completes but the problem is not
fixed. Is there another solution?

Thanks
Lana
(E-Mail Removed)

DL

      14th Jan 2010
Yes there is; likely with one of the outlook add-ins

"powderbluelana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> One of our employees Outlook 2007 pst file is corrupt. She can use Outlook
> in
> safe mode but cannot open otherwise. She is running Windows XP. I ran the
> standard Scanpst.exe on it and it says it completes but the problem is not
> fixed. Is there another solution?
>
> Thanks
> Lana
> (E-Mail Removed)

powderbluelana

      14th Jan 2010
If there is another add-in solution. What would that be? I'm not sure what to
try next?

thanks
Lana

"DL" wrote:

> Yes there is; likely with one of the outlook add-ins
>
> "powderbluelana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > One of our employees Outlook 2007 pst file is corrupt. She can use Outlook
> > in
> > safe mode but cannot open otherwise. She is running Windows XP. I ran the
> > standard Scanpst.exe on it and it says it completes but the problem is not
> > fixed. Is there another solution?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Lana
> > (E-Mail Removed)

> .

Peter Foldes

      14th Jan 2010
Lana

Disable all your Add Ins in Outlook and see if the issue stops. If it did then add
them back one by one until you find the guilty one.

--
Peter

"powderbluelana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If there is another add-in solution. What would that be? I'm not sure what to
> try next?
>
> thanks
> Lana
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
>> Yes there is; likely with one of the outlook add-ins
>>
>> "powderbluelana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > One of our employees Outlook 2007 pst file is corrupt. She can use Outlook
>> > in
>> > safe mode but cannot open otherwise. She is running Windows XP. I ran the
>> > standard Scanpst.exe on it and it says it completes but the problem is not
>> > fixed. Is there another solution?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Lana
>> > (E-Mail Removed)

>> .

Roady [MVP]

      14th Jan 2010
If it works in Outlook Safe Mode, it is unlikely that the issue is because
of a corruption in the pst-file. Your scanpst.exe results confirm that as
well. It is much more likely that the issue is caused by one of the
installed add-ins or corrupted configuration file.
For furhter troubleshooting Outlook see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"powderbluelana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> One of our employees Outlook 2007 pst file is corrupt. She can use Outlook
> in
> safe mode but cannot open otherwise. She is running Windows XP. I ran the
> standard Scanpst.exe on it and it says it completes but the problem is not
> fixed. Is there another solution?
>
> Thanks
> Lana
> (E-Mail Removed)

Bobby Zed

      16th Feb 2012
On Feb 15, 6:53*am, Jhon Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You may use Outlook recovery tools to repair your PST file. Below is a list of them:
>
> http://www.datanumen.com/aor/compare.htm
>
> Most of them provide a free demo so you can try first.
>
> Steve
>

> > On Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:50 PM powderbluelana wrote:
> > One of our employees Outlook 2007 pst file is corrupt. She can use Outlook in
> > safe mode but cannot open otherwise. She is running Windows XP. I ran the
> > standard Scanpst.exe on it and it says it completes but the problem is not
> > fixed. Is there another solution?

> > Thanks
> > Lana
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> >> On Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:23 PM DL wrote:
> >> Yes there is; likely with one of the outlook add-ins

I recommend you to use PST repair tool in order to fix the corrupt PST
files. I've used it twice and successfully repaired my corrupt PST
files. You can also recover corrupt PST files using this software.
visit: http://www.recoveroutlookpst.com/rep...-pst-file.html
Download the free version at: http://www.remosoftware.com/remo-repair-outlook.exe

Peter Foldes

      9th May 2012

johnpedrick73@gmail.com

      6th Jul 2012
On Friday, January 15, 2010 12:20:01 AM UTC+5:30, powderbluelana wrote:
> One of our employees Outlook 2007 pst file is corrupt. She can use Outlook in
> safe mode but cannot open otherwise. She is running Windows XP. I ran the
> standard Scanpst.exe on it and it says it completes but the problem is not
> fixed. Is there another solution?
>
> Thanks
> Lana
> http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

[ deleted ]

mountainfalling@gmail.com

      24th Jul 2012
On Friday, January 15, 2010 12:20:01 AM UTC+5:30, powderbluelana wrote:
> One of our employees Outlook 2007 pst file is corrupt. She can use Outlook in
> safe mode but cannot open otherwise. She is running Windows XP. I ran the
> standard Scanpst.exe on it and it says it completes but the problem is not
> fixed. Is there another solution?
>
> Thanks
> Lana
> (E-Mail Removed)

may be there could be some sort of configuration problems in the PST or if some kind of add ins are accessing PST file all the time due to which our employee is not able to open it except the safe mode. Just terminate those add ins..

http://www.descargarscanpstexe.com

zorastalin@gmail.com

      6th Dec 2013
[ deleted ]