Outlook 2007: meeting request--multiple time options

bh

      19th Feb 2008
Is there a way to send out a meeting request to a list of people for several
time options, as to where the
recipients can "accept" the meeting for the specific date/time they desire
from the list? Thanks in advance

bh

Brian Tillman

      20th Feb 2008
bh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there a way to send out a meeting request to a list of people for
> several time options, as to where the
> recipients can "accept" the meeting for the specific date/time they
> desire from the list? Thanks in advance

You could certainly create each of the multiple events and then attach them
to a mail message asking the recipients to choose one.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

bh

      20th Feb 2008
This gives each mail recipient the option to invite attendees, etc., for
each attached meeting. It doesn't, however, give them the option to accept
or decline, when they open attachments. What I need is to be able to invite
multiple attendees, and have them simply accept the correct time slot and
have it scheduled in the calendar. Thanks for trying, though. Does anyone
know how to do this?

"Brian Tillman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O%(E-Mail Removed)...
> bh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to send out a meeting request to a list of people for
>> several time options, as to where the
>> recipients can "accept" the meeting for the specific date/time they
>> desire from the list? Thanks in advance

> You could certainly create each of the multiple events and then attach
> them to a mail message asking the recipients to choose one.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman

      20th Feb 2008
bh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> This gives each mail recipient the option to invite attendees, etc.,
> for each attached meeting. It doesn't, however, give them the option
> to accept or decline, when they open attachments. What I need is to
> be able to invite multiple attendees, and have them simply accept the
> correct time slot and have it scheduled in the calendar.

It does what you asked. All they have to do is to open the one they wish to
have it added to their calendars. You never said that you wanted
notification of their acceptance.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

morris05@gmail.com

      28th Feb 2008
On Feb 20, 12:45*pm, "Brian Tillman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> bh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > This gives each mail recipient the option to invite attendees, etc.,
> > for each attachedmeeting. *It doesn't, however, give them the option
> > to accept or decline, when they open attachments. *What I need is to
> > be able to invite multiple attendees, and have them simply accept the
> > correct time slot and have it scheduled in the calendar.

> It does what you asked. *All they have to do is to open the one they wish to
> have it added to their calendars. *You never said that you wanted
> notification of their acceptance.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Just to jump in on the thread - what good does it do for people to be
able to make a choice between meeting dates if the sender does not
know of the recipient's decision? I understand MS feels that everyone
should be on an exchange network and actually use the calendar feature
with Outlook, but some old dogs are not going to learn new tricks. We
want to be able to poll for a meeting time that works best - cannot
use Voting Buttons since you cannot make multiple selections. Are
there any other solutions? If not, we will just continue to use the
full functionality of the Exchange Server and Outlook to send text
emails.

Brian Tillman

      28th Feb 2008
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Just to jump in on the thread - what good does it do for people to be
> able to make a choice between meeting dates if the sender does not
> know of the recipient's decision?

What harm does it cause, since the OP never said it was a requirement? For
some meetings, it's appropriate, as you say, for the organizer to know how
many and who will attend, but for other meetings, say Webex meetings, who
cares? Since there is no conference room, there's no worry about physical
resources. If someone wishes to come, fine. If they don't so what?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

New Member
Location: Marietta, GA

      2nd Dec 2010
1. First set up all your appointments - the only addressee should be yourself. Send the appointment to yourself (this is the secret ingredient) - set up a really good name for the subject like - Dec 8th MTG - 1-2 PM - your invitation may go straight to the deleted folder as unread - if you open it, it says you can't accept because you're the organizer.
2. Find the appointment in the Calendar - select it with one-click, then choose File > Save As and save it as an ICS file - it should save as Dec 8th MTG - 1-2-PM.ics.
Save all the other appointments in the same way - they should be in your documents folder.
3. Write your email to all your recipients - attach all the .ics files you created above

Recipients should then be able to see Accept or Decline or Tentative.

I found that once a meeting was accepted, the recipient wasn't able to decline it anymore.

Test this FIRST with ONE close person who doesn't mind you sending them test emails, because it works for me, but as these things go, it may not work for everyone.

New Member

      29th Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardmagik View Post
[...]

I tried this and this works as suggested.