PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Outlook 2007 keeps repeating/adding send tasks while sending/receiving

 
 
Koen De Wolf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      13th May 2008
Hi all,

I have Outlook 2007 installed on a XP pro PC. I have 1 account for a IMAP
mailserver and a couple accounts for POP3 mailservers configured.
Auto send/receive is disabled at startup (so I have to start in manually).
Everything worked fine till some weeks ago.

When I hit the send/receive button, all the configured accounts are added to
the task list in the send/receive window. After all account are processed,
all accounts are added to the task list again for sending, over and over
again. I have a screenshot of that on
http://www.raadselweb.net/temp/sendreceive.jpg

Also, sometimes when I send a mail, it stays in the outbox while it has been
send.

can someone help me on this?

Thanks,

Koen



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brian Tillman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      13th May 2008
Koen De Wolf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have Outlook 2007 installed on a XP pro PC. I have 1 account for a
> IMAP mailserver and a couple accounts for POP3 mailservers configured.
> Auto send/receive is disabled at startup (so I have to start in
> manually). Everything worked fine till some weeks ago.
>
> When I hit the send/receive button, all the configured accounts are
> added to the task list in the send/receive window. After all account
> are processed, all accounts are added to the task list again for
> sending, over and over again. I have a screenshot of that on
> http://www.raadselweb.net/temp/sendreceive.jpg
>
> Also, sometimes when I send a mail, it stays in the outbox while it
> has been send.


Do you have your antivirus scanner integrated into mail? How about any sync
software, like iTunes? If so, disintegrate the app and see if that makes a
difference.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Adrian Harding
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Jul 2008
did you get a fix for this mine has just started doing this also

"Koen De Wolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:g0bdqo$p9l$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I have Outlook 2007 installed on a XP pro PC. I have 1 account for a IMAP
> mailserver and a couple accounts for POP3 mailservers configured.
> Auto send/receive is disabled at startup (so I have to start in manually).
> Everything worked fine till some weeks ago.
>
> When I hit the send/receive button, all the configured accounts are added
> to the task list in the send/receive window. After all account are
> processed, all accounts are added to the task list again for sending, over
> and over again. I have a screenshot of that on
> http://www.raadselweb.net/temp/sendreceive.jpg
>
> Also, sometimes when I send a mail, it stays in the outbox while it has
> been send.
>
> can someone help me on this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Koen
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian Tillman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Jul 2008
Adrian Harding <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> did you get a fix for this mine has just started doing this also


Did you read the reply that I posted to the original question two month ago?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

 
Reply With Quote
 
New Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1
 
      21st Aug 2008
Hi

I had exactly this problem and discovered one of my contacts was corrupt. When I clicked on 'To' and selected their name from the list, I spotted that their email address was missing in the address book. When I opened the contact in 'Contacts', the address was there. Bit strange!

Anyway I created a new contact for the person concerned, copied all the details across, deleted the old (and apparently corrupt contact), resent the original message and all is fine.

Good luck
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Outlook 2007 BCM Project Tasks - set as recurring tasks CD Microsoft Outlook BCM 1 16th Jan 2008 03:36 AM
Outlook send/receive generates hundreds of send/receive tasks =?Utf-8?B?dmlzaGFs?= Microsoft Outlook Discussion 0 17th Oct 2007 06:27 AM
Send Tasks from Outlook 2007 to users with Outlook 2003 =?Utf-8?B?Sk9TRSBNSUdVRUwgUlVJWiBCT1JHRVo=?= Microsoft Outlook 1 24th Jul 2007 04:58 PM
Outlook 2007 Message-tasks Not Sync'g as Tasks in Win Mobile 5 Debuck Microsoft Outlook Discussion 1 18th Feb 2007 09:18 AM
Outlook Tasks are being received as Emails not Tasks Asif Malik Microsoft Outlook 1 23rd Aug 2004 09:19 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:59 PM.