Outlook 2007 does not show Contacts list in e-Mail "To" button

BobRob

      5th Oct 2008
In Outlook 2007 when I press the "To" button in a new mail mesage my Contact
list does not show. The list box s blank.

I can I make my Contact list show.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      5th Oct 2008
You failed to configure the Outlook Address Book Service correctly in this
profile.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"BobRob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> In Outlook 2007 when I press the "To" button in a new mail mesage my
> Contact
> list does not show. The list box s blank.
>
> I can I make my Contact list show.

BobRob

      5th Oct 2008
Russ,

Thanks for your very prompt reply. All now OK

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> You failed to configure the Outlook Address Book Service correctly in this
> profile.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "BobRob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In Outlook 2007 when I press the "To" button in a new mail mesage my
> > Contact
> > list does not show. The list box s blank.
> >
> > I can I make my Contact list show.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      5th Oct 2008
You're welcome. Glad it worked. A lot of users have trouble with the Outlook
Address Book in Outlook 2007 if they didn't migrate their data correctly.
Glad you did.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"BobRob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Russ,
>
> Thanks for your very prompt reply. All now OK
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> You failed to configure the Outlook Address Book Service correctly in
>> this
>> profile.
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002
>>
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "BobRob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > In Outlook 2007 when I press the "To" button in a new mail mesage my
>> > Contact
>> > list does not show. The list box s blank.
>> >
>> > I can I make my Contact list show.

BobRob

      6th Oct 2008
Russ,

I spoke too soon. I am helping a lady (new to computing) get up and running
with Outlook 2007 and I thought your reference would sort the problem out BUT
no success.

Under the Address Book tab it shows as Contacts so I went to mark the
Contact folder for use as an e-mail address book. The tick box was ticked BUT
greyed out. So I thought we had been succesful but no.

Where can you suggest I try next to solve the problem of the Contacts not
being listed when the "To" button is pressed in an e-mail?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> You're welcome. Glad it worked. A lot of users have trouble with the Outlook
> Address Book in Outlook 2007 if they didn't migrate their data correctly.
> Glad you did.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "BobRob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Russ,
> >
> > Thanks for your very prompt reply. All now OK
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> You failed to configure the Outlook Address Book Service correctly in
> >> this
> >> profile.
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002
> >>
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "BobRob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news(E-Mail Removed)...

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

      7th Oct 2008
You may need to set up a new mail profile to resolve this issue. Control
Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles->New. Do not copy the old profile. Configure
the new profile to use your old data store.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, BobRob asked:

| Russ,
|
| I spoke too soon. I am helping a lady (new to computing) get up and
| running with Outlook 2007 and I thought your reference would sort the
| problem out BUT no success.
|
| Under the Address Book tab it shows as Contacts so I went to mark the
| Contact folder for use as an e-mail address book. The tick box was
| ticked BUT greyed out. So I thought we had been succesful but no.
|
| Where can you suggest I try next to solve the problem of the Contacts
| not being listed when the "To" button is pressed in an e-mail?
|
| "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
|
|| You're welcome. Glad it worked. A lot of users have trouble with the
|| Outlook Address Book in Outlook 2007 if they didn't migrate their
|| data correctly. Glad you did.
|| --
|| Russ Valentine
|| [MVP-Outlook]
|| "BobRob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
||| Russ,
||| Thanks for your very prompt reply. All now OK
http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002

BobRob

      7th Oct 2008
Milly,

I will try this solution next time I help the lady out. Will let you know
how I get on.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> You may need to set up a new mail profile to resolve this issue. Control
> Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles->New. Do not copy the old profile. Configure
> the new profile to use your old data store.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> After furious head scratching, BobRob asked:
>
> | Russ,
> |
> | I spoke too soon. I am helping a lady (new to computing) get up and
> | running with Outlook 2007 and I thought your reference would sort the
> | problem out BUT no success.
> |
> | Under the Address Book tab it shows as Contacts so I went to mark the
> | Contact folder for use as an e-mail address book. The tick box was
> | ticked BUT greyed out. So I thought we had been succesful but no.
> |
> | Where can you suggest I try next to solve the problem of the Contacts
> | not being listed when the "To" button is pressed in an e-mail?
> |
> | "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> |
> || You're welcome. Glad it worked. A lot of users have trouble with the
> || Outlook Address Book in Outlook 2007 if they didn't migrate their
> || data correctly. Glad you did.
> || --
> || Russ Valentine
> || [MVP-Outlook]
> || "BobRob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> || news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002

BobRob

      13th Oct 2008
Milly,

I set up a new profile and configered it to read the original Outlook data
file, as you sugggested. However, when I went to mark the Contact folder for
use as an e-mail address book. The tick box was ticked but still greyed out.
The result is that the list box is blank when you press the "To" button in a
new e-mail. Any other suggestions?

"BobRob" wrote:

> Milly,
>
> I will try this solution next time I help the lady out. Will let you know
> how I get on.
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
> > You may need to set up a new mail profile to resolve this issue. Control
> > Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles->New. Do not copy the old profile. Configure
> > the new profile to use your old data store.
> >
> > --
> > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> >
> > Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
> >

> > After furious head scratching, BobRob asked:
> >
> > | Russ,
> > |
> > | I spoke too soon. I am helping a lady (new to computing) get up and
> > | running with Outlook 2007 and I thought your reference would sort the
> > | problem out BUT no success.
> > |
> > | Under the Address Book tab it shows as Contacts so I went to mark the
> > | Contact folder for use as an e-mail address book. The tick box was
> > | ticked BUT greyed out. So I thought we had been succesful but no.
> > |
> > | Where can you suggest I try next to solve the problem of the Contacts
> > | not being listed when the "To" button is pressed in an e-mail?

> > http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002

Fremont

      13th Oct 2008
I've got exact the same problem like this. Please cc to me when you got an
answer.
--
Fremont

"BobRob" wrote:

> Milly,
>
> I set up a new profile and configered it to read the original Outlook data
> file, as you sugggested. However, when I went to mark the Contact folder for
> use as an e-mail address book. The tick box was ticked but still greyed out.
> The result is that the list box is blank when you press the "To" button in a
> new e-mail. Any other suggestions?
>
> "BobRob" wrote:
>
> > Milly,
> >
> > I will try this solution next time I help the lady out. Will let you know
> > how I get on.
> >
> > "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> > > You may need to set up a new mail profile to resolve this issue. Control
> > > Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles->New. Do not copy the old profile. Configure
> > > the new profile to use your old data store.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> > >
> > > Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> > > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
> > >

> > > After furious head scratching, BobRob asked:

> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002

Gordon

      13th Oct 2008
"Fremont" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got exact the same problem like this. Please cc to me when you got an
> answer.

This is Usenet, not email. there IS no "cc"