PC Review

outlook 2007 with contact manager problem

20th Mar 2008
Hi I'm new here so apologies if this is in the wrong area.

Can anyone help, i purchased the above product..Outlook 2007 with contact manager...stand alone, although I have office home and student installed etc

As with the old outlook express I wanted to add a signature and html background to my outgoing e mails...simple in the old outlook.

I can do the signature in 2007 but not the background...i think you should go to themes in the stationary tab but its not highlighted and microsoft say its because it a stand alone package i bought for 120.00 and wont work.

I don't belive i have paid all that money and can't add a simple html background to my e mails in 2007 but can do it easily in the free outlook express!!

I SPOKE TO THERE SUPPORT FOR AN HOUR AND GOT NOWHERE.

Can anyone help?

STUART

I want my money back!!!!!

9th Oct 2008
Not sure if you are still having the same problem. If not, I would be curious to hear what you discovered.

I ran into the same problem. If you have created an .html document in the past for use as stationary in your old Outlook version, try opening the same .html document in Word 2007.
Copy the parts of the document in Word that you want in your Outlook email. Make sure on your email that you go to the "Options" tab and that you select "As HTML" before sending the email. Try sending it to yourself at both an Outlook address and perhaps a web-based address to view it.

I was also able to open html documents in Word and save as a theme type file. However, when I browsed for themes in Outlook 2007, I was unable to get the theme to download to the current email.

Feel free to email me with comments or questions. Thanks.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: