Outlook 2003 Upgrade

=?Utf-8?B?RHVzdHk=?=

      10th Aug 2006
I recently upgraded to Office 2003 from Office 2000. My computer upgraded
just fine but when other users try to send an email to someone on their
personal contacts address book, they get an error message and then Outlook
locks up. They have close Outlook and they can't send to anyone on their
personal address book. Our global address book works just fine. Anybody else
have this same problem? I tried to uninstall the complete office package and
reinstall and that did not work. The catch is that if I log in as them, it
works fine on my computer. We are in the beta process and we really can't go
any further until we get this fixed. Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0aW5lIExpc2k=?=

      10th Aug 2006
I guess the key is - what's the exact error message?

"Dusty" wrote:

> I recently upgraded to Office 2003 from Office 2000. My computer upgraded
> just fine but when other users try to send an email to someone on their
> personal contacts address book, they get an error message and then Outlook
> locks up. They have close Outlook and they can't send to anyone on their
> personal address book. Our global address book works just fine. Anybody else
> have this same problem? I tried to uninstall the complete office package and
> reinstall and that did not work. The catch is that if I log in as them, it
> works fine on my computer. We are in the beta process and we really can't go
> any further until we get this fixed. Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?RHVzdHk=?=

      11th Aug 2006
It gives alot of technical jargain but here it is:
AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.5510.0 AppStamp:3f1380f0
ModName: user32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2622 ModStamp:42260159
fDebug: 0 Offset:000529a6

"Christine Lisi" wrote:

> I guess the key is - what's the exact error message?
>
> "Dusty" wrote:
>
> > I recently upgraded to Office 2003 from Office 2000. My computer upgraded
> > just fine but when other users try to send an email to someone on their
> > personal contacts address book, they get an error message and then Outlook
> > locks up. They have close Outlook and they can't send to anyone on their
> > personal address book. Our global address book works just fine. Anybody else
> > have this same problem? I tried to uninstall the complete office package and
> > reinstall and that did not work. The catch is that if I log in as them, it
> > works fine on my computer. We are in the beta process and we really can't go
> > any further until we get this fixed. Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0aW5lIExpc2k=?=

      11th Aug 2006
Is this an Event Viewer error? If so, what's the event ID? Or if this is a
pop-up error, what does it say in the blue bar on the top of the pop up
window?

"Dusty" wrote:

> It gives alot of technical jargain but here it is:
> AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.5510.0 AppStamp:3f1380f0
> ModName: user32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2622 ModStamp:42260159
> fDebug: 0 Offset:000529a6
>
> "Christine Lisi" wrote:
>
> > I guess the key is - what's the exact error message?
> >
> > "Dusty" wrote:
> >
> > > I recently upgraded to Office 2003 from Office 2000. My computer upgraded
> > > just fine but when other users try to send an email to someone on their
> > > personal contacts address book, they get an error message and then Outlook
> > > locks up. They have close Outlook and they can't send to anyone on their
> > > personal address book. Our global address book works just fine. Anybody else
> > > have this same problem? I tried to uninstall the complete office package and
> > > reinstall and that did not work. The catch is that if I log in as them, it
> > > works fine on my computer. We are in the beta process and we really can't go
> > > any further until we get this fixed. Thanks

DL

      11th Aug 2006
They dont have Symantec winfax installed do they?

When you upgraded to OL2003, and if you are using pst files did you create
the new OL2003 unicode pst?

"Dusty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It gives alot of technical jargain but here it is:
> AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.5510.0 AppStamp:3f1380f0
> ModName: user32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2622 ModStamp:42260159
> fDebug: 0 Offset:000529a6
>
> "Christine Lisi" wrote:
>
> > I guess the key is - what's the exact error message?
> >
> > "Dusty" wrote:
> >
> > > I recently upgraded to Office 2003 from Office 2000. My computer

upgraded
> > > just fine but when other users try to send an email to someone on

their
> > > personal contacts address book, they get an error message and then

Outlook
> > > locks up. They have close Outlook and they can't send to anyone on

their
> > > personal address book. Our global address book works just fine.

Anybody else
> > > have this same problem? I tried to uninstall the complete office

package and
> > > reinstall and that did not work. The catch is that if I log in as

them, it
> > > works fine on my computer. We are in the beta process and we really

can't go
> > > any further until we get this fixed. Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?RHVzdHk=?=

      11th Aug 2006
It also displays in the event viewer:

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0,
faulting module user32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2622, stamp 42260159, debug? 0,
fault address 0x00023bf9.

Event ID is 1000 and the source says Microsoft Office 11. I do not have
WinFax installed and all I did was just go through the upgrade process. I
have tried to delete the profile and then recreate it and that did not work
either. Thanks

"Christine Lisi" wrote:

> Is this an Event Viewer error? If so, what's the event ID? Or if this is a
> pop-up error, what does it say in the blue bar on the top of the pop up
> window?
>
> "Dusty" wrote:
>
> > It gives alot of technical jargain but here it is:
> > AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.5510.0 AppStamp:3f1380f0
> > ModName: user32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2622 ModStamp:42260159
> > fDebug: 0 Offset:000529a6
> >
> > "Christine Lisi" wrote:
> >
> > > I guess the key is - what's the exact error message?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0aW5lIExpc2k=?=

      11th Aug 2006
Are your users running it via Terminal Services? If so, see this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912805/en-us

"Dusty" wrote:

> It also displays in the event viewer:
>
> Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0,
> faulting module user32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2622, stamp 42260159, debug? 0,
> fault address 0x00023bf9.
>
> Event ID is 1000 and the source says Microsoft Office 11. I do not have
> WinFax installed and all I did was just go through the upgrade process. I
> have tried to delete the profile and then recreate it and that did not work
> either. Thanks
>

> "Christine Lisi" wrote:
>
> > Is this an Event Viewer error? If so, what's the event ID? Or if this is a
> > pop-up error, what does it say in the blue bar on the top of the pop up
> > window?
> >
> > "Dusty" wrote:
> >
> > > It gives alot of technical jargain but here it is:
> > > AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.5510.0 AppStamp:3f1380f0
> > > ModName: user32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2622 ModStamp:42260159
> > > fDebug: 0 Offset:000529a6

=?Utf-8?B?RHVzdHk=?=

      15th Aug 2006
No TS...we have an Exchange server and they each have Outlook on their computer

"Christine Lisi" wrote:

> Are your users running it via Terminal Services? If so, see this article:

> "Dusty" wrote:
>
> > It also displays in the event viewer:
> >
> > Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0,
> > faulting module user32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2622, stamp 42260159, debug? 0,
> > fault address 0x00023bf9.
> >
> > Event ID is 1000 and the source says Microsoft Office 11. I do not have
> > WinFax installed and all I did was just go through the upgrade process. I
> > have tried to delete the profile and then recreate it and that did not work
> > either. Thanks
> >

> > "Christine Lisi" wrote:
> >
> > > Is this an Event Viewer error? If so, what's the event ID? Or if this is a
> > > pop-up error, what does it say in the blue bar on the top of the pop up
> > > window?

=?Utf-8?B?RHVzdHk=?=

      15th Aug 2006
No Winfax...we have no Symantec products installed on our computers...Thanks

"DL" wrote:

> They dont have Symantec winfax installed do they?
>
> When you upgraded to OL2003, and if you are using pst files did you create
> the new OL2003 unicode pst?
>
> "Dusty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > It gives alot of technical jargain but here it is:
> > AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.5510.0 AppStamp:3f1380f0
> > ModName: user32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2622 ModStamp:42260159
> > fDebug: 0 Offset:000529a6
> >
> > "Christine Lisi" wrote:
> >
> > > I guess the key is - what's the exact error message?

> upgraded

> their

> Outlook

> their

> Anybody else

> package and

> them, it

> can't go

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0aW5lIExpc2k=?=

      15th Aug 2006
Dusty - did you read the article I sent a link to? Also, did you install all
the latest Office Updates?