outlook 2003 (UK version) to outlook 2007 (DK version)

Niller

      15th Apr 2009
Just got a new pc and have installed MS office 2007. Tried to transfer my
contacts from old Outlook 2003 (UK version) to Outlook 2007 (DK version).
They now show up in a separate "contacts" group but in the new version the
standard group is "kontaktpersoner" and it doesn't have any info.

How do I transferred the info from the group "contacts" to the group
"kontaktpersoner" so I can use the information when sending mails?

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      15th Apr 2009
"Niller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Just got a new pc and have installed MS office 2007. Tried to transfer my
> contacts from old Outlook 2003 (UK version) to Outlook 2007 (DK version).
> They now show up in a separate "contacts" group but in the new version the
> standard group is "kontaktpersoner" and it doesn't have any info.

Outlook doesn't have "contact groups". Are you referring to folders?

> How do I transferred the info from the group "contacts" to the group
> "kontaktpersoner" so I can use the information when sending mails?

Open the source folder, press Ctrl-A to select all the data in it, click
Edit>Copy to Folder (well, it's DK equivalent), select the destination folder
and click OK.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Niels

      20th Apr 2009
Great, solved that one, thanks!

Now I just need to know how to transfer content from Outlook (2003) calender
version to Outlook (2007) kalender version???

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" skrev:

> "Niller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Just got a new pc and have installed MS office 2007. Tried to transfer my
> > contacts from old Outlook 2003 (UK version) to Outlook 2007 (DK version).
> > They now show up in a separate "contacts" group but in the new version the
> > standard group is "kontaktpersoner" and it doesn't have any info.

> Outlook doesn't have "contact groups". Are you referring to folders?
>
> > How do I transferred the info from the group "contacts" to the group
> > "kontaktpersoner" so I can use the information when sending mails?

> Open the source folder, press Ctrl-A to select all the data in it, click
> Edit>Copy to Folder (well, it's DK equivalent), select the destination folder
> and click OK.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      20th Apr 2009
"Niels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Great, solved that one, thanks!

You're welcome.

> Now I just need to know how to transfer content from Outlook (2003) calender
> version to Outlook (2007) kalender version???

Exactly the same way, but you'll need to display the source calendar in a
table view like By Category before Ctrl-A will select everything.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]