Outlook 2003 Slower than snail s..t

=?Utf-8?B?QWxhbiBXLiBIaW5kZW4=?=

      1st Dec 2003
I had very few problems with Outlook Express 6, (which makes a different file for each e-mail folder), but after Installing Office 2003 SBE & importing my e-mail into Outlook 2003 which uses one BIGGGG .PST file, Outlook crawls.

What are the PST file size limitations in Outlook 2003? Mine is over 6GB, (reduced from almost 9GB) & Outlook crawls. I've removed duplicates, archived messages over 6 months old but the volume of e-mail overwhelms Outlook 2003. I receive over 2000 e-mails per day & can't get through the Junk e-mail folder fast enough - I have a lot of other work to do, ($$$$$) before throwing out e-mail I haven't checked yet. HELP.

I have an Athlon 2600XP computer with 1GB of RAM & 25 GB of Free Hard disk space.

ANY IDEAS?

Roady

      1st Dec 2003
Please don't cross post. I answered you in the outlook.general newsgroup

--
Roady
www.sparnaaij.net

Questions of the month: