Outlook 2003: Purge messages in IMAP box programmatically

smart.spooky@gmail.com

      19th Feb 2008
Hi experts,

I basically need to create a rule (and I suppose an associated macro)
in Outlook 2003 which would automatically purge all already deleted
messages in IMAP box. Any ideas, links etc would be really
appreciated.

Cheers

Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]

      19th Feb 2008

This clicks the menubar button for you. I don't know what kind of automatism
you have in mind.

Sub PurgeDeletedMessages()
On Error Resume Next
Dim Bars As Office.CommandBars
Dim Btn As Office.CommandBarButton

Set Bars = Application.ActiveExplorer.CommandBars
Set Btn = Bars.FindControl(, 5583)
If Not Btn Is Nothing Then
Btn.Execute
End If
End Sub

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:31:04 -0800 (PST) schrieb (E-Mail Removed):

> Hi experts,
>
> I basically need to create a rule (and I suppose an associated macro)
> in Outlook 2003 which would automatically purge all already deleted
> messages in IMAP box. Any ideas, links etc would be really
> appreciated.
>

> Cheers

Brian Tillman

      19th Feb 2008

> I basically need to create a rule (and I suppose an associated macro)
> in Outlook 2003 which would automatically purge all already deleted
> messages in IMAP box. Any ideas, links etc would be really
> appreciated.

You could edit the menu bar and add the Purge Deleted Items command to the
bar.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]