Outlook 2003 popup error - default email client

Tim

      27th Dec 2003
I recently upgraded from XP to 2003 and I keep getting
this error:

"Either there is no default mail client or the current
mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please
run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default
mail client" [ OK ]

This is a borderless, unmoveable popup dialog. The only
way to get rid of it is to click [ OK ]. The taskbar
icon is a red "slanted" ladder going to the right and the
title is "Microsoft Office Oulook". It pops up about
every 5-10 minutes even if outlook is closed or opened.

What the heck is this? I have Outlook 2003 set as my
default email client (I checked it in control panel and
outlook itself).

Could this be another program trying to send something
through outlook?

Any help would be appreciated. You can email me direct.

Thanks in advance.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      27th Dec 2003
do you have any other mapi programs installed, such as Eudora, winfax, or
word perfect's address book?

Search for fixmapi and run it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_u...tlook.*&num=30

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:05a701c3cc90$24e12e40$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently upgraded from XP to 2003 and I keep getting
> this error:
>
> "Either there is no default mail client or the current
> mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please
> run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default
> mail client" [ OK ]
>
> This is a borderless, unmoveable popup dialog. The only
> way to get rid of it is to click [ OK ]. The taskbar
> icon is a red "slanted" ladder going to the right and the
> title is "Microsoft Office Oulook". It pops up about
> every 5-10 minutes even if outlook is closed or opened.
>
> What the heck is this? I have Outlook 2003 set as my
> default email client (I checked it in control panel and
> outlook itself).
>
> Could this be another program trying to send something
> through outlook?
>
> Any help would be appreciated. You can email me direct.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Tim

      27th Dec 2003
I think I found the problem, I installed WindowBlinds
4.2 ( http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/ )
and once I unloaded it, the popup went away. As soon I
load it, the popup appears. This is a problem I'll have
to take up with Stardock.

I found and ran fixmapi and the popup still occurs.

Thank you for the quick reply!

Guide)

>Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
>Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:
>http://groups.google.com/groups

as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30