Outlook 2003 - Mail Messages Automatically Being Deleted After 5 D

LJones

      9th Apr 2008
Normally, new messages should stay in my IN BOX until I manually delete them,
but my messages are being automatically deleted after 5 days. They then
appear in my DELETED Box, but if I don't catch them, of course they are
deleted. Then I'm missing emails.

Does anyone have a remedy?

Thank you
--
LJones

neo [mvp outlook]

      9th Apr 2008
You don't mention what type of mail account (POP3, IMAP, or Exchange) you
are using, but I verify that the built-in auto-archive engine is not turned
on (see tools > options > other > auto-archive).

If your mail account is a Microsft Exchange account, then you should check
with the folks that run the Exchange server because they could have turned
something on that causes this. (Its called Mailbox Manager under Exchange
200x.)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...