Outlook 2003 keeps setting itself as my default e-mail client

manish500@hotmail.com

      4th Aug 2006
Hello

Outlook 2003 - I have unchecked the box in Tools --> options --> other
that says "make outlook the default program for e-mail, contacts, and
calender"

Still every time I open outlook it resets itself as my default email
client... Anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Thanks

Brian Tillman

      4th Aug 2006

> Outlook 2003 - I have unchecked the box in Tools --> options --> other
> that says "make outlook the default program for e-mail, contacts, and
> calender"
>
> Still every time I open outlook it resets itself as my default email
> client... Anyone know how to resolve this problem?

It should ask. What's in the Control Panel>Internet Options>Programs'
E-mail drop-down?
--
Brian Tillman

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      4th Aug 2006
is it every time you open it or every time there is a new update installed?
For the first problem, it should ask - but if not, stop opening it. The
second is a known issue when office 2003 updates are installed -
specifically the junk mail update. The best solution is to uninstall Outlook
if you aren't going to use it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(E-Mail Removed)