Outlook 2003 - From Field - Turn off resolve on Primary SMTP

Zimmy

      3rd Oct 2005
I'm having a hard time finding a solution for the following:

I have a user with 2 different SMTP email addresses, but on the same
Exchange email account.

When they use the From field to specify the email they want it to be
sent from, Exchange happily ignores it and puts in the Primary SMTP
address in.

Is there a way to have Outlook/Exchange not resolve to the Primary
Address?

I'f appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      4th Oct 2005
No. you'll need to make a second account - preferably IMAP - and the user
will need to select that account to send using the secondary address.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(E-Mail Removed)

"Zimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm having a hard time finding a solution for the following:
>
> I have a user with 2 different SMTP email addresses, but on the same
> Exchange email account.
>
> When they use the From field to specify the email they want it to be
> sent from, Exchange happily ignores it and puts in the Primary SMTP
> address in.
>
> Is there a way to have Outlook/Exchange not resolve to the Primary
> Address?
>
> I'f appreciate any help.
> Thanks.

Victor Ivanidze