Outlook 2003 Favorite Folders

John Hightower

      26th Oct 2003
How do I keep folders I've taken off this list over and over from
reappearing on it whenever I restart Outlook 2003?

--
Thanks,
John

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      26th Oct 2003
they should only reappear if the xml file is getting regenerated each time.
are you using a local or roaming profile?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_u...tlook.*&num=30

"John Hightower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O2vPnD$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I keep folders I've taken off this list over and over from
> reappearing on it whenever I restart Outlook 2003?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> John

John Hightower

      26th Oct 2003
Since you're talking Greek to me, I looked in Control Panel, Mail and found
the profile named Default Outlook Profile. There was another listed as well,
called Outlook. I changed to that one.

I assume they're both local, since this is a standalone machine not attached
to any network or Exchange server.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uBxmyX$(E-Mail Removed)...
> they should only reappear if the xml file is getting regenerated each

time.
> are you using a local or roaming profile?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
> Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>
> Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
> Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_u...tlook.*&num=30

> "John Hightower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O2vPnD$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How do I keep folders I've taken off this list over and over from
> > reappearing on it whenever I restart Outlook 2003?
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,
> > John

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      28th Oct 2003
is it working better with the Outlook profile?

--

"John Hightower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Since you're talking Greek to me, I looked in Control Panel, Mail and

found
> the profile named Default Outlook Profile. There was another listed as

well,
> called Outlook. I changed to that one.
>
> I assume they're both local, since this is a standalone machine not

attached
> to any network or Exchange server.
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uBxmyX$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > they should only reappear if the xml file is getting regenerated each

> time.
> > are you using a local or roaming profile?
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >
> > http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
> > Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >
> > Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
> > Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_u...tlook.*&num=30

> > "John Hightower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:O2vPnD$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > How do I keep folders I've taken off this list over and over from
> > > reappearing on it whenever I restart Outlook 2003?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Thanks,
> > > John

John Hightower

      28th Oct 2003
Yeah. Sorry I didn't get back to you and thank you for your suggestion.
Changing profiles solved the problem completely. :-)

John

news:(E-Mail Removed)...