Outlook 2003

landscaper

      10th Feb 2010
Our company replaced an old computer that had Outlook 2003 and destroyed the
hard drive to ensure no information ever got out. My Outlook 2002 is having
problems and no Office XP disk can be found, though I have record of the
product ID for it. Is it possible to get a copy of the program so I can use
my existing ID.

If not, I'd then like to transfer the product ID from 2003 on the destroyed
box to my box and just upgrade to 2003. The software itself is sitting on our
server, but I don't know if I can use the product ID from the destroyed box.
I don't want to risk trying it as I wouldn't be able to replace the buggy
program I currently have.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

      11th Feb 2010
"landscaper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> Our company replaced an old computer that had Outlook 2003 and destroyed the
> hard drive to ensure no information ever got out. My Outlook 2002 is having
> problems and no Office XP disk can be found, though I have record of the
> product ID for it. Is it possible to get a copy of the program so I can use
> my existing ID.

Ebay is a source of older versions of software.

> If not, I'd then like to transfer the product ID from 2003 on the destroyed
> box to my box and just upgrade to 2003. The software itself is sitting on
> our
> server, but I don't know if I can use the product ID from the destroyed box.
> I don't want to risk trying it as I wouldn't be able to replace the buggy
> program I currently have.

Depends on the conditions listed in the End User License Agreement for the
particular edition of Outlook 2003 you had. If it was an OEM version, then
no.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]