Out of office not working

=?Utf-8?B?SlQ=?=

      4th Mar 2005
I'm using outlook 2003 with exchange 2003.
I'm configuring the outlook for out-of-office reply
but when someone sends me a message, he does not get
my out of office reply.
When I start outlook, it tells me that out-of-office is still on.

I see no error messages, or events; it just does not send the vacation
message.

=?Utf-8?B?SlQ=?=

      4th Mar 2005
Additional information:
It DOES send replies to internal users on this exchange server
but DOES NOT send the out-of-office replies to external users.

Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U]

      7th Mar 2005
This is one of the e-mail loop prevention features in Exchange Server,
automatic replies and Out of Office messages to the Internet are disabled by
default in the Internet Mail Service. You can enable either or both by
bringing up the Properties sheet for the IMS and clicking the "Advanced
Options' button on the Internet Mail tab. You'll need to stop and restart
the IMS for the changes to take effect. Note that this opens you up to
email loops that can bring your Exchange Server to a grinding halt in
minutes.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)