OT: Which version of IE comes with XP?

DocA

      8th Sep 2003
Hi,

I think that the version of Internet Explorer that comes with W2K Pro is
v5.0, right?
Can someone please tell me what version of IE comes with Windows XP (SP1a)?
I guess this information must be on the Windows website, but I'll be damned
if I can find it.

Thanks a lot,

Adrian

Simon Geary

      8th Sep 2003
XP gives you the all singing, all dancing Internet Explorer 6.

"DocA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I think that the version of Internet Explorer that comes with W2K Pro is
> v5.0, right?
> Can someone please tell me what version of IE comes with Windows XP

(SP1a)?
> I guess this information must be on the Windows website, but I'll be

damned
> if I can find it.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Adrian

Torgeir Bakken (MVP)

      8th Sep 2003
DocA wrote:

> Thanks Simon...is that IE6 without SP1?

If you have SP1/P1a for WinXP installed, that will be IE6 with SP1 (when
installing SP1 for WinXP, there is no option to avoid upgrading IE6 to IE6 SP1
as well)

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Bruce Chambers

      9th Sep 2003
Greetings --

Internet Explorer 6.0