PC Review

Optomistic Locking in adp

=?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZWg=?=

23rd Jan 2004
Hi
I have an access project (.adp) running under Access Xp that has a form based on a view that includes a join between a tbale and it parent. The form displays fields from the parent and allows updates to the child row only.

If more than one user updtaes the child row I get a conflict error asking to 'save record', 'copy to clipboard', or 'drop changes'. However, the 'save record' option does not work, it just keeps redisplaying the same conflict error.

The child table is specified as the unique table and i have a resync command select * from view where childkey = ?.

This seems to work Ok for single table views but not for multi table views.

How to get the save record options to actually save the record ?

Regards
Dave

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: