Options greyed out

Heiji1412

      13th Oct 2008
I'm using IE7. Recently I can't save web pages with IE, because the option is
greyed out, along with work offline, show menu bar and some others.

I have tried,

Emptying the browser cache,
Resetting security settings,
Enabling, then disabling Content Control,
And resetting IE from Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab

None of this worked, any suggestions?

Alan Edwards

      13th Oct 2008
Please try the IE7 group.
The recommended newsgroup is microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

In a proper newsreader:

If you must use a web interface:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...plorer.general

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:11:02 -0700, in
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser, Heiji1412
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm using IE7. Recently I can't save web pages with IE, because the option is
>greyed out, along with work offline, show menu bar and some others.
>
>I have tried,
>
>Emptying the browser cache,
>Resetting security settings,
>Enabling, then disabling Content Control,
>And resetting IE from Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab
>
>None of this worked, any suggestions?

nass

      13th Oct 2008

"Heiji1412" wrote:

> I'm using IE7. Recently I can't save web pages with IE, because the option is
> greyed out, along with work offline, show menu bar and some others.
>
> I have tried,
>
> Emptying the browser cache,
> Resetting security settings,
> Enabling, then disabling Content Control,
> And resetting IE from Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab
>
> None of this worked, any suggestions?

Open a run command and type in:
regedit click [OK} and locate this key:

[-]HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \
Restrictions=
"NoBrowserOptions" Delete this Entry.
Close the Registry and Reboot your machine, are you able to access the IE
Options?

Run a thorough scan by doing the following steps:
1... First, try to clean up your caches, Internet files and delete cookies
by doing this:
Click Start >> Control Panel >> Double click Network and Internet
Connections >> Double click Internet Options.
On the IE properties windows you will see these Tabs:
General | Security | Privacy | Content | Connections | Programs |
Under General Tab clear your History, Internet Files and Cookies.
Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option:
[&] Browsing
[ ] Enable Third-Party browser extensions (Req Rest) uncheck this box.
Then click on Programs Tab and click Manage Add-Ons and Disable all non
Verified Add-Ons (You should Renable them later one-by-one and see the
culprit and update it or remove it.
How to manage Add-Ons:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883256
Scan for malware from here:
SuperAntispyware - Free
http://www.superantispyware.com/supe...freevspro.html
http://www.malwarebytes.org/rr-update/rr-free-setup.exe
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-gb/d....htm?s_cid=sah

Run a scan from here on-line:
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/d...d=ie&venid=sym
Download Avast Cleaner (offline scanner) from here:
Comodo BOClean : Anti-Malware Version 4.27
http://www.comodo.com/boclean/boclean.html

Run disk clean up on your Drive.
You can download this tool o run clean up:
http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim
Run Disk Clean Up on your Drive.
HTH,
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk

Heiji1412

      13th Oct 2008
I've posted the topic in ths suggested group.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

      14th Oct 2008
Well, yes, but you neglected to state your IE version, your full Windows
version, and what options are greyed-out in your new thread.