Option "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" does not always work.

=?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWRtYXE=?=

      30th Nov 2005
Hello,

When browsing on a secured website (https), a pdf file downloaded by
clicking a link in a html page is saved to disk (among the temporary internet
files) , even though the option "Do not save encrypted ages to disk" is
checked in tools->adanced options. The browser opens Acrobat Reader and the
pdf file becomes visible.

When entering the same url in the browser address bar, or requesting the
file via JavaScript the file seems to be blocked and the pdf download does
not work.

When unchecking the option "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" the pdf
download works in the three cases.

Correct me if I am wrong but this does not seem to be the expected behaviour.
I would expect that if the option is checked, the pdf download works in all
cases or never works.

Is there maybe a patch that corrects this issue?

(Internet Explorer 6.0.26)

Thanks,

David.

Robert Aldwinckle

      3rd Dec 2005
"davidmaq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> When browsing on a secured website (https), a pdf file downloaded by
> clicking a link in a html page is saved to disk (among the temporary internet
> files) , even though the option "Do not save encrypted ages to disk" is
> checked in tools->adanced options. The browser opens Acrobat Reader and the
> pdf file becomes visible.

I'm not sure that that option applies to PDF files.
In fact, FWIW, I suspect that it is a more generalized implementation
of the hotfix described here

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323308

which means that there may be even more restrictions implied
concerning its use.

The last time a similar issue came up I suggested the poster take a trace
and make sure that they had the latest QFE version of the hotfixed module.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...d482482e55d42e

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---