operating system compatibility

Kevin

      21st Sep 2004
I have heard that there is a way to set operating system compatibility mode
in Windows 2000 for a program, like there is in Windows XP. How do I do
this?

thanks, Kevin

Pegasus \(MVP\)

      21st Sep 2004

"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have heard that there is a way to set operating system compatibility

mode
> in Windows 2000 for a program, like there is in Windows XP. How do I do
> this?
>
> thanks, Kevin

I've never tried it but here are a few pointers I picked up
a little while ago:

Windows 2000 CD, \support\apcompat.exe

Steve Parry [MVP]

      21st Sep 2004
In news:eE$(E-Mail Removed),
Pegasus (MVP) <(E-Mail Removed)> fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
> "Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have heard that there is a way to set operating system
>> compatibility mode in Windows 2000 for a program, like there is in
>> Windows XP. How do I do this?
>>
>> thanks, Kevin
>>

> I've never tried it but here are a few pointers I picked up
> a little while ago:
>
> Windows 2000 CD, \support\apcompat.exe

run box
type

regsvr32 %systemroot%\AppPatch\slayerui.dll

click OK

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk