OpenSharedItem - Exception

Andre Maas

      10th Oct 2007
Hello,

i would like to load a Mail from filesystem. In OL2007 is a new function
called: 'OpenSharedItem'.

I've called the function like:

MailItem mailItemLoaded =
Application.Session.OpenSharedItem(@"D:\456.msg") as MailItem;

If the mail is an OL2007 Mail the function works fine. If the mail i
would like to load is from OL2000 oder OL2003 the function throw the
following exception: 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException'.

Have anyone else have faced any similar problem? What I am doing wrong
here? Any pointers on this will be of great help.

Regards,

André

Andre Maas

      10th Oct 2007