Opening 2 Outlook sessions at start-up

Dubai Michael

      2nd Dec 2007
When opening Outlook, 2 sessions open and I have to close one.

Also, when I close Outlook, I get an 'activity window' that shows 2 or 3
pairs of simultaneous of "Sending..." / "Receiving...". I only have 1
account, but use GMail as pop server (I have an ~@gmail.com e-mail address,
but use Outlook when using my home PC).

What settings do I have to check, either on GMail or on Outlook (or both)?

Thanks,
Michael

Jocelyn Fiorello

      2nd Dec 2007
First of all, are you opening Outlook from a shortcut? If it's a real Windows
shortcut (not the special icon Windows puts on the desktop and/or the Start
menu), check the start path and see if there is a switch on the end of it.

Also, you don't mention your Outlook version (not sure if it matters here
but it always helps for us to know)...but check your send and receive
settings and see if you have Outlook set to do a send/receive on exit.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello