how open multiple instances of PowerPoint 2007?

=?Utf-8?B?TmljayBQaWF6emE=?=

      10th Nov 2007
When working with Microsoft Word 2007, I can open multiple documents with
each document in its own instance of Word. This lets me, for example, in a
dual-monitor computer system, view one document on one screen while working
on the other document in another screen. This also lets me easily copy/paste
from one document to the other.
However, with PowerPoint 2007, opening multiple PPT files uses the same
instance of PowerPoint, making it awkward to view both files at the same
time. I know by using the Arrange All Window option, I can display both
documents side-by-side, I have to make the PowerPoint application very wide
to see both documents comfortably. Also, it gets messier if I want to see 3
documents.
Is there any way to configure PowerPoint to work like Word, and use separate
instances for each document?
Thanks,
(E-Mail Removed)

Telstar

      10th Nov 2007

"Nick Piazza" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When working with Microsoft Word 2007, I can open multiple documents with
> each document in its own instance of Word. This lets me, for example, in
> dual-monitor computer system, view one document on one screen while
> working
> on the other document in another screen. This also lets me easily
> copy/paste
> from one document to the other.
> However, with PowerPoint 2007, opening multiple PPT files uses the same
> instance of PowerPoint, making it awkward to view both files at the same
> time. I know by using the Arrange All Window option, I can display both
> documents side-by-side, I have to make the PowerPoint application very
> wide
> to see both documents comfortably. Also, it gets messier if I want to see
> 3
> documents.
> Is there any way to configure PowerPoint to work like Word, and use
> separate
> instances for each document?
> Thanks,
> (E-Mail Removed)

No.

=?Utf-8?B?UFBUTWFnaWNpYW4=?=

      10th Nov 2007
Hi Nick,

MVP John Wilson has a work-around tutorial on his site:
http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/mmmagic.html

--
Thanks,
Glenna Shaw

"Nick Piazza" wrote:

> When working with Microsoft Word 2007, I can open multiple documents with
> each document in its own instance of Word. This lets me, for example, in a
> dual-monitor computer system, view one document on one screen while working
> on the other document in another screen. This also lets me easily copy/paste
> from one document to the other.
> However, with PowerPoint 2007, opening multiple PPT files uses the same
> instance of PowerPoint, making it awkward to view both files at the same
> time. I know by using the Arrange All Window option, I can display both
> documents side-by-side, I have to make the PowerPoint application very wide
> to see both documents comfortably. Also, it gets messier if I want to see 3
> documents.
> Is there any way to configure PowerPoint to work like Word, and use separate
> instances for each document?
> Thanks,
> (E-Mail Removed)

New Member

      13th Mar 2011
Easy Allert....right-click on PowerPoint 2007 & select Open from the pop up menu. You can open as many separate instances of PowerPoint as you want. Have a great day.

New Member

      11th Jul 2011
Here's a handy tip...

If you are working with dual monitors, the easiest way to view more than one PPT at a time is to expand the window of your PPT across the entire screen expanse (from laptop to other monitor, for example). You can then open and view each presentation as if it were separate windows.

My understanding is that MS OFfice does not have the same function for PPT as it does for Word, Excel, etc. The limitation because PPT has "show" affects keeps you from actually being able to open individal multiple windows for the PPT.

I tried the suggestion for just right click and open, it does not work for me.
Here's a solution possibly for those who can expand the work area - it was self contained and worked liked a dream - no real difference for me.