Open a Folder... it disappears!

=?Utf-8?B?YnJhaW5sZXNz?=

      19th Apr 2006
Hi... when I open one of the folders on my desktop (that previously worked
just fine) the name of the folder appears in the 'menu bar' but the folder
itself is nowhere to be seen... I suspect that it is 'off the screen' (if
that makes any sense). Any ideas on how to fix this problem? My 'download
manager' folder (when using netscape) also has this same problem.

Thanks!

JTW

      20th Apr 2006
If it shows up on the task bar, you should be able to right-click on
that "button" and do one of two things. You can select "Move", then
use the arrow keys to try and move the off-screen box back to visible
area. It can take a while as you have no idea where you are starting,
so it is a lot of "back and forth". You can also select to "Maximize",
which if the window does actually exist, it will then display. You can
also open the regular Windows Explorer, and navigate to the folder as
well to ensure it isn't corrupted.
--

brainless wrote:

> Hi... when I open one of the folders on my desktop (that previously
> worked just fine) the name of the folder appears in the 'menu bar'
> but the folder itself is nowhere to be seen... I suspect that it is
> 'off the screen' (if that makes any sense). Any ideas on how to fix
> this problem? My 'download manager' folder (when using netscape)
> also has this same problem.
>
> Thanks!

Wesley Vogel

      20th Apr 2006
Right click the Taskbar and select Cascade Windows. Sometimes this will
display a folder or window that is off screen. Windows that are reduced to
taskbar buttons will not be displayed.

Also...
Right click the folder shortcut | Properties |
Shortcut tab | Under Run, make sure that Minimized is not selected. Select
Nomal Window or Maximized.

Minimized means that when the folder is opened it just appears as a Taskbar
button. If that is the case you can click the Taskbar button to open the
folder.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
brainless <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> Hi... when I open one of the folders on my desktop (that previously worked
> just fine) the name of the folder appears in the 'menu bar' but the folder
> itself is nowhere to be seen... I suspect that it is 'off the screen' (if
> that makes any sense). Any ideas on how to fix this problem? My
> 'download manager' folder (when using netscape) also has this same
> problem.
>
> Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?YnJhaW5sZXNz?=

      20th Apr 2006
You are a GENIUS! lol - thank you so very much...