Open excel in safe mode?

Bob Vance

      4th Jul 2004

--

Can excel be opened in safe mode, as I cant open it now Not responding and I
think it has some thing to do with my macros. Or maybe is there a way I can
delete some macros without opening that book??

Thanks in advance.........Bob Vance

Dana DeLouis

      4th Jul 2004
> Can excel be opened in safe mode

Startup Switches for Microsoft Excel

http://support.microsoft.com/default...88&Product=xlw

Example: /s or /safemode

As another idea, here is a Help topic called "Customize how Excel starts"

<Copy..>
To prevent macros from automatically running, hold down SHIFT while you
start Excel.
Note If you start Excel from the Office Shortcut Bar, click the Microsoft
Excel button on the Office Shortcut Bar first, and then immediately hold
down SHIFT while Excel starts.

= = =

HTH & Good luck. :>)
Dana DeLouis

"Bob Vance" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cc7jn8$e4r$(E-Mail Removed)...

> --
>
> Can excel be opened in safe mode, as I cant open it now Not responding and

> think it has some thing to do with my macros. Or maybe is there a way I

can
> delete some macros without opening that book??
>
> Thanks in advance.........Bob Vance

Dana DeLouis

      4th Jul 2004
Hmmm. Wait a minute. I don't think I said that correctly. Holding the
"Shift" key came from the help in Excel 2003.

The following article says Safe mode is the Ctrl Key.

<Copy>
In Excel 2002 and later, to start Excel in Safe Mode, hold down the CTRL key
while you start Excel. You will receive the following message:

Excel has detected that you are holding down the CTRL key. Do you want to
start Excel in safe mode?
<...end of copy>

HOW TO: Prevent Excel from Automatically Opening Files in the Startup Folder
in Excel 2003

I tried it with Excel 2002. Starting by holding the Shift Key gave me the
Add-In warning (Prevents Macros from running). Holding the Ctrl Key gave me
the "Safe Mode" warning. I didn't catch that difference before. :>)

HTH
Dana DeLouis.

"Dana DeLouis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can excel be opened in safe mode

> Startup Switches for Microsoft Excel
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...88&Product=xlw
>
> Example: /s or /safemode
>
> As another idea, here is a Help topic called "Customize how Excel starts"
>
> <Copy..>
> To prevent macros from automatically running, hold down SHIFT while you
> start Excel.
> Note If you start Excel from the Office Shortcut Bar, click the Microsoft
> Excel button on the Office Shortcut Bar first, and then immediately hold
> down SHIFT while Excel starts.
>
> = = =
>
> HTH & Good luck. :>)
> Dana DeLouis
>
> "Bob Vance" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cc7jn8$e4r$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > --
> >
> > Can excel be opened in safe mode, as I cant open it now Not responding

and
> > think it has some thing to do with my macros. Or maybe is there a way I

> can
> > delete some macros without opening that book??
> >
> > Thanks in advance.........Bob Vance

Bob Vance

      4th Jul 2004
Thanks everybody I set macro to High Security and that disabled them then
deleted out the rouge macro and every thing is SWEET