open attached pdf get error message wasn't correctly decoded

=?Utf-8?B?U2FuIERpZWdv?=

      13th Apr 2006
I have a user in an exchange 2003 environment that has a problem opening
Adobe files (.pdf) and word files sent as attachments. She says that other
recipients of the same message do not have this problem. The exact error that
is displayed by adobe is "Acrobat could not open <filename.pdf> because it is
not a supported file type or because the file has been corrupted(for example
it was sent as an e-mail attachment and was not properly decoded) " Thank you
in advance for assistance with this.

Roady [MVP]

      13th Apr 2006
Does it work when you save it to the desktop first instead of directly
opening it from Outlook?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
"San Diego" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I have a user in an exchange 2003 environment that has a problem opening
Adobe files (.pdf) and word files sent as attachments. She says that other
recipients of the same message do not have this problem. The exact error
that
is displayed by adobe is "Acrobat could not open <filename.pdf> because it
is
not a supported file type or because the file has been corrupted(for example
it was sent as an e-mail attachment and was not properly decoded) " Thank
you
in advance for assistance with this.

=?Utf-8?B?U2FuIERpZWdv?=

      14th Apr 2006
No she could not copy to the desk top and open it either. I uninstalled
outlook and word and re-installed and the problem has gone away. Thank you
for your response.

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Does it work when you save it to the desktop first instead of directly
> opening it from Outlook?
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
> -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data
>
> -----
> "San Diego" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a user in an exchange 2003 environment that has a problem opening
> Adobe files (.pdf) and word files sent as attachments. She says that other
> recipients of the same message do not have this problem. The exact error
> that
> is displayed by adobe is "Acrobat could not open <filename.pdf> because it
> is
> not a supported file type or because the file has been corrupted(for example
> it was sent as an e-mail attachment and was not properly decoded) " Thank
> you
> in advance for assistance with this.

New Member

      24th Aug 2011
Hi,
I do have the same problem.
I have two website (replica of each other) where i have kept some PDF files. These can be opened via a click on link.
When i kept it on one site, it worked, but on the other site, it gives same error as mentioned
Attached Thumbnails
open attached pdf get error message wasn't correctly decoded-untitled.jpg