one of your disks needs to be checked for consistency

erika storlie

      17th Nov 2003
I am having problems getting win2k to run after it
initially loads. When the computer begins to boot up, i
get a message "one of your disks needs to be checked for
consistency, you may cancel the disk check but it is
strongly recommended that you continue". so I let it do
the check, and once it finishes booting up and the desktop
appears, after about 5-10 seconds the screen flashes and
the monitor displays only red and white squiggly lines....
Anybody ever had this happen to them before?
THanks!

Colon Terminus

      17th Nov 2003

Boot into safe mode and change your video settings. Go with the lowest settings your video card will allow and work up from there in
steps until you're satisfied or until your video faults again.

Start at 640X480 with 256 colours and a refresh rate of 60 Hz.

"erika storlie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:078d01c3ad2e$a427abb0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am having problems getting win2k to run after it
> initially loads. When the computer begins to boot up, i
> get a message "one of your disks needs to be checked for
> consistency, you may cancel the disk check but it is
> strongly recommended that you continue". so I let it do
> the check, and once it finishes booting up and the desktop
> appears, after about 5-10 seconds the screen flashes and
> the monitor displays only red and white squiggly lines....
> Anybody ever had this happen to them before?
> THanks!

erika storlie

      18th Nov 2003
I changed the settings to 640X480, 256, but after the
boot, it is still going to a blank screen with distorted
images and locking up....