One User Account Enabled and Administrator Account Disabled!!!

=?Utf-8?B?QmFzaGlyIFdhaGlk?=

      5th Oct 2004
Hi,
Urgent help required asap!!! I had three acounts enabled on my WIN XP PRO
system - Adminstrator (by default), User1 (adminstrator) and User2 (limited)
that were done through MMC. This is how I left the PC before I left the
work-place for a 2 day break. Anyway, when I got back and this is what I
found at the MMC:
Administrator - Disabled
USER1 (administrator) - Disabled
USER2 (limited) - Enabled

Is there any way I can get back my administrator account or even the default
administrator? Please note that USER2 is unable to change permissions since
its only a Limited Account. Is there a way to get the ADMINISTRATOR back??
Please help!!

Thanking you
Sincerely,
Bashir
I shouldn't even be posting this.

=?Utf-8?B?Y2Vkcmlj?=

      5th Oct 2004
"Bashir Wahid" wrote:

> Hi,
> Urgent help required asap!!! I had three acounts enabled on my WIN XP PRO
> system - Adminstrator (by default), User1 (adminstrator) and User2 (limited)
> that were done through MMC. This is how I left the PC before I left the
> work-place for a 2 day break. Anyway, when I got back and this is what I
> found at the MMC:
> Administrator - Disabled
> USER1 (administrator) - Disabled
> USER2 (limited) - Enabled
>
> Is there any way I can get back my administrator account or even the default
> administrator? Please note that USER2 is unable to change permissions since
> its only a Limited Account. Is there a way to get the ADMINISTRATOR back??
> Please help!!
>
> Thanking you
> Sincerely,
> Bashir
> I shouldn't even be posting this.

Solutions:
- a hacking tool!
- install an old backup (system)

Otherwise:
reinstall your OS

Tip: After an New install rename your Administrator account and make a
second one for yourself. Only use the renamed Administrator when needed so
that no person can see what its logon name is: (the last logon name in the
logon screen)

urity

      7th Oct 2004
Hello,

You could enable the administrator using this.
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

Kind regards,
Urity