OLMAPi32.dll

SOB711

      29th May 2009
I have been running office professional plus 2007 with XP for a long time
without trouble until now when I decided to try outlook (have been using OE).
I get error message:
OLMAPi32.dll is incompatible with MS outlook, install again.
I reinstalled but get same error message.
Appreciate your help.
--
SOB711

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      29th May 2009
"SOB711" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>I have been running office professional plus 2007 with XP for a long time
> without trouble until now when I decided to try outlook (have been using
> OE).
> I get error message:
> OLMAPi32.dll is incompatible with MS outlook, install again.
> I reinstalled but get same error message.
> Appreciate your help.

Try renaming that file to .old and then running Office Diagnostics.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

SOB711

      29th May 2009
I found file and renamed as suggested
Still could not run outlook.
Searched for office diagnostics but could not find
Next step?
--
SOB711

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "SOB711" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >I have been running office professional plus 2007 with XP for a long time
> > without trouble until now when I decided to try outlook (have been using
> > OE).
> > I get error message:
> > OLMAPi32.dll is incompatible with MS outlook, install again.
> > I reinstalled but get same error message.
> > Appreciate your help.

> Try renaming that file to .old and then running Office Diagnostics.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

SOB711

      30th May 2009
I renamed file. and retried outlook but no luck.
I searched for office diagnostics but windows could not find.
Can you suggest what to do next?
Thanks
--
SOB711

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "SOB711" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >I have been running office professional plus 2007 with XP for a long time
> > without trouble until now when I decided to try outlook (have been using
> > OE).
> > I get error message:
> > OLMAPi32.dll is incompatible with MS outlook, install again.
> > I reinstalled but get same error message.
> > Appreciate your help.

> Try renaming that file to .old and then running Office Diagnostics.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      1st Jun 2009
"SOB711" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>I renamed file. and retried outlook but no luck.
> I searched for office diagnostics but windows could not find.
> Can you suggest what to do next?

Office Diagnostics can be found in any of of the Office applications, but not
always in the same place. In Word or Excel, click the Office
Orb>Resources>Diagnose>Continue>Start Diagnostics. You can also use the
"Change" option in Add/Remove Programs for Microsoft Office and choose a
"Repair" install.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

SOB711

      2nd Jun 2009
Diagnostics indicated a conflict between outlook 2003 & 2007? I have both
office suites installed and no conflict with other offices programs.
Anyway, uninstalled outlook 2003 reinstalled 2007 and all seems OK now.
Thanks for your help
--
SOB711

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "SOB711" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >I renamed file. and retried outlook but no luck.
> > I searched for office diagnostics but windows could not find.
> > Can you suggest what to do next?

> Office Diagnostics can be found in any of of the Office applications, but not
> always in the same place. In Word or Excel, click the Office
> Orb>Resources>Diagnose>Continue>Start Diagnostics. You can also use the
> "Change" option in Add/Remove Programs for Microsoft Office and choose a
> "Repair" install.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Rob Cook

      27th Jun 2009

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "SOB711" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> >I renamed file. and retried outlook but no luck.
> > I searched for office diagnostics but windows could not find.
> > Can you suggest what to do next?

> Office Diagnostics can be found in any of of the Office applications, but not
> always in the same place. In Word or Excel, click the Office
> Orb>Resources>Diagnose>Continue>Start Diagnostics. You can also use the
> "Change" option in Add/Remove Programs for Microsoft Office and choose a
> "Repair" install.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      29th Jun 2009

"Rob Cook" <Rob http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Did you have a point in posting just a quote of someone else's post?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]