OLD Games from Windows Entertainment Packs 1 to 3:

David Johnson

      7th Apr 2009
I would like to support to Microsoft Corporation releases old Entertainment
Packs 1 to 3 throw into Windows XP and ViSTA Windows Update Download with
optional allowances.

I need Entertainment Packs brings up to my computer if they can. I need
badly having more games included Entertainment Packs and other hangman, too.
--
David Johnson

Olórin

      8th Apr 2009
David Johnson wrote:
> I would like to support to Microsoft Corporation releases old
> Entertainment Packs 1 to 3 throw into Windows XP and ViSTA Windows
> Update Download with optional allowances.
>
> I need Entertainment Packs brings up to my computer if they can. I
> need badly having more games included Entertainment Packs and other
> hangman, too.

.....nope, sorry, still not 100% clear on what you're after from that post.

If (and this is just a guess, hindered by your English) you want
Entertainment Packs included in Automatic Updates for Windows XP and Vista,
then rest assured that this isn't going to happen. Try to find them
elsewhere on the Web.

kraut

      3rd May 2009
On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:16:56 +0100, "Olórin"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>David Johnson wrote:
>> I would like to support to Microsoft Corporation releases old
>> Entertainment Packs 1 to 3 throw into Windows XP and ViSTA Windows
>> Update Download with optional allowances.
>>
>> I need Entertainment Packs brings up to my computer if they can. I
>> need badly having more games included Entertainment Packs and other
>> hangman, too.

>....nope, sorry, still not 100% clear on what you're after from that post.
>
>If (and this is just a guess, hindered by your English) you want
>Entertainment Packs included in Automatic Updates for Windows XP and Vista,
>then rest assured that this isn't going to happen. Try to find them
>elsewhere on the Web.

I have them all on LEGAL disks from when they came out years ago but I
don't think it would be legal or whatever to post them someplace would
it??

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Reply to news groups for all to see please.

_
/ )
(\__/) ( (
) ( ) )
={ }= / /
) `-------/ /
( /
\ |
,'\ , ,'
`-'\ ,---\ | \
_) ) `. \ /
(__/ ) )
(_/

(\__/)
)oo(
={ >}=

Olórin

      5th May 2009
kraut wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:16:56 +0100, "Olórin"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> David Johnson wrote:
>>> I would like to support to Microsoft Corporation releases old
>>> Entertainment Packs 1 to 3 throw into Windows XP and ViSTA Windows
>>> Update Download with optional allowances.
>>>
>>> I need Entertainment Packs brings up to my computer if they can. I
>>> need badly having more games included Entertainment Packs and other
>>> hangman, too.

>> ....nope, sorry, still not 100% clear on what you're after from that
>> post.
>>
>> If (and this is just a guess, hindered by your English) you want
>> Entertainment Packs included in Automatic Updates for Windows XP and
>> Vista, then rest assured that this isn't going to happen. Try to
>> find them elsewhere on the Web.
>>

> I have them all on LEGAL disks from when they came out years ago but I
> don't think it would be legal or whatever to post them someplace would
> it??

You're almost certainly correct in that! I'll leave you to make your own
*moral* judgement, however - eg does the term "abandonware" have a real
standing?

Matt Hart

      14th May 2009
As abandonware, the entertainment packs are safe to download.

Or, you could download them as freeware, seeing as they've made there way to
microsofts site.

Poke around, you'll find them.

"Olórin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> kraut wrote:
>> On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:16:56 +0100, "Olórin"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> ....nope, sorry, still not 100% clear on what you're after from that
>>> post.
>>>
>>> If (and this is just a guess, hindered by your English) you want
>>> Entertainment Packs included in Automatic Updates for Windows XP and
>>> Vista, then rest assured that this isn't going to happen. Try to
>>> find them elsewhere on the Web.
>>>

>> I have them all on LEGAL disks from when they came out years ago but I
>> don't think it would be legal or whatever to post them someplace would
>> it??
>>

> You're almost certainly correct in that! I'll leave you to make your own
> *moral* judgement, however - eg does the term "abandonware" have a real
> standing?

Olórin

      14th May 2009
No need to reply to me, I wasn't asking...!

You say Microsoft have release them as freeware. that surprised me so I went
off looking but can find no reference to that anywhere. If you could provide
a link to a Microsoft page with them on, I'm sure that would help the OP and
anyone else reading.

"Abandonware" is not an official status and doesn't guarantee safety of
download. It's merely a label that some website owner can put to a product
that's so old, out of support and hard to find that they want to
(illegally) make it freely available. In many cases, this is perhaps morally
acceptable. But not all.

Matt Hart wrote:
> As abandonware, the entertainment packs are safe to download.
>
> Or, you could download them as freeware, seeing as they've made there
> way to microsofts site.
>
> Poke around, you'll find them.
>
> "Olórin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> kraut wrote:

>>> I have them all on LEGAL disks from when they came out years ago
>>> but I don't think it would be legal or whatever to post them
>>> someplace would it??
>>>

>> You're almost certainly correct in that! I'll leave you to make your
>> own *moral* judgement, however - eg does the term "abandonware" have
>> a real standing?

Matt Hart

      14th May 2009
Actually, abandonware by definition is software in which the license has run
out and not been renewed. I'll hunt down that link today.

"Olórin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uYZ9i$(E-Mail Removed)...
> No need to reply to me, I wasn't asking...!
>
> You say Microsoft have release them as freeware. that surprised me so I
> went off looking but can find no reference to that anywhere. If you could
> provide a link to a Microsoft page with them on, I'm sure that would help
> the OP and anyone else reading.
>
> "Abandonware" is not an official status and doesn't guarantee safety of
> download. It's merely a label that some website owner can put to a product
> that's so old, out of support and hard to find that they want to
> (illegally) make it freely available. In many cases, this is perhaps
> morally acceptable. But not all.
>
> Matt Hart wrote:
>> As abandonware, the entertainment packs are safe to download.
>>
>> Or, you could download them as freeware, seeing as they've made there
>> way to microsofts site.
>>
>> Poke around, you'll find them.
>>
>> "Olórin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> You're almost certainly correct in that! I'll leave you to make your
>>> own *moral* judgement, however - eg does the term "abandonware" have
>>> a real standing?

Matt Hart

      14th May 2009
Looking into it, the download links they used to have are removed. The
entertainment packs were labeled as abandonware. Microsoft entertainment
pack 1's license fully expired in 2003. Unless they've suddenly renewed it,
it's abandonware.

I don't know why they removed it, but that's where I got it from when I put
it on all three of my laptops. If I can find a reliable link to the pack
I'll put it up here.

"Olórin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uYZ9i$(E-Mail Removed)...
> No need to reply to me, I wasn't asking...!
>
> You say Microsoft have release them as freeware. that surprised me so I
> went off looking but can find no reference to that anywhere. If you could
> provide a link to a Microsoft page with them on, I'm sure that would help
> the OP and anyone else reading.
>
> "Abandonware" is not an official status and doesn't guarantee safety of
> download. It's merely a label that some website owner can put to a product
> that's so old, out of support and hard to find that they want to
> (illegally) make it freely available. In many cases, this is perhaps
> morally acceptable. But not all.
>
> Matt Hart wrote:
>> As abandonware, the entertainment packs are safe to download.
>>
>> Or, you could download them as freeware, seeing as they've made there
>> way to microsofts site.
>>
>> Poke around, you'll find them.
>>
>> "Olórin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> You're almost certainly correct in that! I'll leave you to make your
>>> own *moral* judgement, however - eg does the term "abandonware" have
>>> a real standing?

Olórin

      15th May 2009
OK, I'll accept that - it's just that I've definitely seen sites where folk
have taken it upon themselves to reclassify software as abandoned (using
their own definition) and put it up as "fair game" to download, when there
really are licensing considerations.

Often, though, these have been old games which are hard or impossible to get
hold of by the more usual means.

Matt Hart wrote:
> Actually, abandonware by definition is software in which the license
> has run out and not been renewed. I'll hunt down that link today.
>
> "Olórin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uYZ9i$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> No need to reply to me, I wasn't asking...!
>>
>> You say Microsoft have release them as freeware. that surprised me
>> so I went off looking but can find no reference to that anywhere. If
>> you could provide a link to a Microsoft page with them on, I'm sure
>> that would help the OP and anyone else reading.
>>
>> "Abandonware" is not an official status and doesn't guarantee safety
>> of download. It's merely a label that some website owner can put to
>> a product that's so old, out of support and hard to find that they
>> want to (illegally) make it freely available. In many cases, this is
>> perhaps morally acceptable. But not all.
>>
>> Matt Hart wrote:
>>> As abandonware, the entertainment packs are safe to download.
>>>
>>> Or, you could download them as freeware, seeing as they've made
>>> there way to microsofts site.
>>>
>>> Poke around, you'll find them.
>>>
>>> "Olórin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Matt Hart

      17th May 2009
It's a shame. It's hard to find it in non-trial form now, without
downloading it via torrent from someone else.

I'm still puzzled why they pulled it from the downloads section that it used
to be in. Maybe they just didn't have enough people downloading it?

Old MS Entertainment Pact games on Vista 64 bit system?? kraut Windows Vista Games 0 6th May 2009 05:10 PM
SQIP - Networking - Entertainment - Communication - Entertainment circle5003 Windows XP General 0 8th Mar 2009 02:39 PM
Old year old games .. New year new games Abarbarian Gaming 1 21st Dec 2007 02:12 AM
Windows 3.1 entertainment pack games question please kraut Windows Vista Games 2 23rd Jan 2007 01:10 PM
Windows XP Creativity Fun Packs and winter packs =?Utf-8?B?bmV3YmFieW9udGhld2F5?= Windows XP MovieMaker 1 16th Nov 2004 01:16 AM