PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Old/Free Version of Spinrite?

 
 
me@privacy.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      9th Feb 2006
Does anyone know if there are older, free versions of Spinrite around.
Got a disc I'd like to try it on, but the pay version costs almost as
much as a new hard drive!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Steven Burn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      9th Feb 2006
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know if there are older, free versions of Spinrite around.
> Got a disc I'd like to try it on, but the pay version costs almost as
> much as a new hard drive!


There's never been a free version of Spinrite ;o)

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Doc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      9th Feb 2006
(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Does anyone know if there are older, free versions of Spinrite around.
> Got a disc I'd like to try it on, but the pay version costs almost as
> much as a new hard drive!


If the 'cost' of a new hard drive is the only value you attach to Spinrite
and is all you stand to lose .............. go buy a new hard drive.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Lee
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      9th Feb 2006
In article <lvDGf.137855$(E-Mail Removed)>, postmaster@[127.0.0.1]
says...
>
>
>(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Does anyone know if there are older, free versions of Spinrite
>> around.
>> Got a disc I'd like to try it on, but the pay version costs almost
>> as
>> much as a new hard drive!

>
>If the 'cost' of a new hard drive is the only value you attach to
>Spinrite
>and is all you stand to lose .............. go buy a new hard drive.


I'll say don't even *BOTHER* with software like Spinrite. If you've got a
drive that's acting screwy, and the sofware from the maker of the drive won't
fix things,software like Spinrite is nothing but a temporary fix if that.


You're going to totally lose the drive sooner or later. In other words, it's
days are numbered.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Doc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      9th Feb 2006
Chris Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>
> I'll say don't even *BOTHER* with software like Spinrite. If you've
> got a drive that's acting screwy, and the sofware from the maker of
> the drive won't fix things,software like Spinrite is nothing but a
> temporary fix if that.
>


If you have valuable data that you NEED to recover off of a failing
drive, then SpinRite is *the best*.

>
> You're going to totally lose the drive sooner or later. In other
> words, it's days are numbered.
>


Agree totally.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Tom
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10th Feb 2006
On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 22:01:39 GMT, Doc <postmaster@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

>Chris Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>>
>> I'll say don't even *BOTHER* with software like Spinrite. If you've
>> got a drive that's acting screwy, and the sofware from the maker of
>> the drive won't fix things,software like Spinrite is nothing but a
>> temporary fix if that.
>>

>
>If you have valuable data that you NEED to recover off of a failing
>drive, then SpinRite is *the best*.
>
>>
>> You're going to totally lose the drive sooner or later. In other
>> words, it's days are numbered.
>>

>
>Agree totally.


I noticed v5 is posted in alt.binaries.misc

Tom

 
Reply With Quote
 
me@privacy.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Feb 2006
Doc wrote:

> Chris Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>
>>I'll say don't even *BOTHER* with software like Spinrite. If you've
>>got a drive that's acting screwy, and the sofware from the maker of
>>the drive won't fix things,software like Spinrite is nothing but a
>>temporary fix if that.
>>

>
>
> If you have valuable data that you NEED to recover off of a failing
> drive, then SpinRite is *the best*.


THAT was my plan!

>
>
>>You're going to totally lose the drive sooner or later. In other
>>words, it's days are numbered.
>>

>
>
> Agree totally.

 
Reply With Quote
 
me@privacy.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Feb 2006
Tom wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 22:01:39 GMT, Doc <postmaster@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:
>
>
>>Chris Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>
>>>I'll say don't even *BOTHER* with software like Spinrite. If you've
>>>got a drive that's acting screwy, and the sofware from the maker of
>>>the drive won't fix things,software like Spinrite is nothing but a
>>>temporary fix if that.
>>>

>>
>>If you have valuable data that you NEED to recover off of a failing
>>drive, then SpinRite is *the best*.
>>
>>
>>>You're going to totally lose the drive sooner or later. In other
>>>words, it's days are numbered.
>>>

>>
>>Agree totally.

>
>
> I noticed v5 is posted in alt.binaries.misc
>
> Tom
>


Thanks, Tom.

Will check it out.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to get stand alone Dot Net Framework version 1.1, version 2.0,version 3.0, version 3.5, version 2.0 SP1, version 3.0 SP1 ? pg Windows XP General 11 9th Feb 2008 02:55 AM
Where to get stand alone Dot Net Framework version 1.1, version 2.0,version 3.0, version 3.5, version 2.0 SP1, version 3.0 SP1 ? pg Microsoft Dot NET 11 9th Feb 2008 02:55 AM
Re: Where to get stand alone Dot Net Framework version 1.1, version 2.0, version 3.0, version 3.5, version 2.0 SP1, version 3.0 SP1 ? PA Bear [MS MVP] Windows XP Help 0 5th Feb 2008 04:28 AM
Re: Where to get stand alone Dot Net Framework version 1.1, version 2.0, version 3.0, version 3.5, version 2.0 SP1, version 3.0 SP1 ? V Green Windows XP Help 0 5th Feb 2008 03:45 AM
Re: Where to get stand alone Dot Net Framework version 1.1, version 2.0, version 3.0, version 3.5, version 2.0 SP1, version 3.0 SP1 ? V Green Microsoft ASP .NET 0 5th Feb 2008 03:45 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:53 PM.