OL2003: Need macro to run all rules

h7qvnk7q001@sneakemail.com

      3rd Sep 2006
In April of 2002, Lee H wrote:

"Outlook 2002 has a bug that it usually won't run the rules reliably
against
new incoming email ....
<snip>
..... I'd like to define a macro which could be assigned to a toolbar
button that would execute all currently active rules defined in Outlook
2002."

Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP replied: "Outlook's VBA programming model does
not provide access to the Rules Wizard features."

Now it is 2006, and the same problem with unreliable rules is still
plaguing Outlook 2003 users. And the process for running rules manually
still takes about 10 steps.

My question is - Does the Outlook VBA programming model for Outlook
2003 support a method for automating the process of running all rules
manually on the Inbox? Has anyone written such a macro?

If that is still not possible, is there any 3rd party add-on or other
technique to replace or automate rules?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      4th Sep 2006
Outlook 2007 is the first version of Outlook with support for rules in VBA, including running a rule on demand against a particular folder.

See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm for alternative automation add-ins

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> My question is - Does the Outlook VBA programming model for Outlook
> 2003 support a method for automating the process of running all rules
> manually on the Inbox? Has anyone written such a macro?
>
> If that is still not possible, is there any 3rd party add-on or other
> technique to replace or automate rules?

h7qvnk7q001@sneakemail.com

      4th Sep 2006
Sue,

I looked through the options there, and noticed Auto-mate by Pergenex.
Do you have any advice / recommendations / opinions about this software
compared to others?

Thanks!

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> Outlook 2007 is the first version of Outlook with support for rules in VBA, including running a rule on demand against a particular folder.
>
> See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm for alternative automation add-ins

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      4th Sep 2006
Nope.