OL 2003 Cannot save a new task

=?Utf-8?B?cmVuZQ==?=

      12th May 2005
Hi there,

I have a problem with my tasks in Ol2003. I will create and save a new task
and OL says following:

"Please save the task order by clicking Save Task Order on the Actions menu
in the "Tasks" folder. The viel must not be filtered or grouped for Save Task
Order to be available. Could not complete the operation. One or more
parameter values are not valid."

I am using XP and OL2003 with Exchange 2000 and the option "cached Exchange
Mode".
I tried to create a new task-folder, copied all tasks to the new task folder
and it worked. but I cannot delete the old task folder, which one the system
created.
is it a damaged task-foler-file on the exchange? in the db?
how can I repair a task folder on an exchange 2000 server?

thanks a lot
rene

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      1st Jul 2005
What happens if you choose Actions | Save Task Order as the prompt suggests?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"rene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> I have a problem with my tasks in Ol2003. I will create and save a new task
> and OL says following:
>
> "Please save the task order by clicking Save Task Order on the Actions menu
> in the "Tasks" folder. The viel must not be filtered or grouped for Save Task
> Order to be available. Could not complete the operation. One or more
> parameter values are not valid."
>
> I am using XP and OL2003 with Exchange 2000 and the option "cached Exchange
> Mode".
> I tried to create a new task-folder, copied all tasks to the new task folder
> and it worked. but I cannot delete the old task folder, which one the system
> created.
> is it a damaged task-foler-file on the exchange? in the db?
> how can I repair a task folder on an exchange 2000 server?
>
> thanks a lot
> rene

abn abn is offline
New Member

      3rd Aug 2007
I had a similar problem.

I was unable to create new tasks in the default folder, however i was able to create a new subfolder and save all items there. This is far from optimal so i did some troubleshooting.

Running the command "outlook.exe /resetfolders" worked much better.

i was now able to save all the items i wanted in the default folder.