PC Review

View Poll Results: How often do you backup?
Never! 1,082 52.50%
Daily 364 17.66%
Weekly 248 12.03%
Monthly 367 17.81%
Voters: 2061. You may not vote on this poll

How often do you backup?

Rocket Scientist

31st May 2005
If you own a PC, you should be doing this

Internet Junkie

31st May 2005
i back up my music every week or so to DVD and next time i do it i'll stick my documents folder on the disc aswell

I'm out of bed and dressed, what more do you want?

I always take life with a grain of salt, ... a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila

I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out

One more step to enlightenment ... but which way ?

@120Hz

31st May 2005
Norton Ghost does it all for me! Full back up plus incrimentals every week. Easy!

Thanks to Mucks for the advice on that one a while back!

Gigabyte Z87X-OC | i7 4770K @ 4.4Ghz | Corsair H80i | 16Gb TeamGroup Vulcan Orange
EVGA 780 FTW | Creative X-FI Titanium HD | 500Gb Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB's of Storage
Corsair HX850 | Logitech G25 | Ducky Shine III | Deathadder 2013 | Wireless 360 Pad
Corsair Carbide 300R | BenQ XL2420T | Acoustic Energy Aego M | Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Hon. Acoustical Engineer

31st May 2005
My Laptop has the IBM Rapid Restore Ultra which makes the image automatically, on a weekly basis as the frequency is defined by me, additionally all the documents in the My Documents folder are also copied to my 40 GB Lacie mobile drive, so have two backups at the same time.

For my home machine I have most of my stuff backed up on the DVD's.

31st May 2005
I never back up lol

Can't bothered ... hardly anything important on my pc anywayz ... and all my current coursework i am doing i save it to a USB for school lol

Btw havn't we already had a post like this ?!?! :P

My System:
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHz
4GB RAM PC6400 800MHz
250GB SATA HDD
BFG nVidia 8800 GTX 768MB OC
620W Corsair ATX PSU

Windows Vista 64-bit
Samsung 22" BW
Razer Copperhead Tempest blue
Razer Tarantula

sugar 'n spikes

31st May 2005
About once a month, using Acronis True Image to another hard disk.

Important stuff I always have copies of on a seperate hard disk as well.

When I build up enough stuff, I back up to DVD.

I suspect I have a lot of duplicates, I'm not that well organised.

Don Van Vliet 1941 - 2010. And the acid gold bar swirled up and down, up and down.

Yank Upstart

31st May 2005

i have never backed up that i know of...
does creating a restore point in Xp count?

I'll Smash you Good!

Hon. Acoustical Engineer

31st May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf

Does creating a restore point in Xp count?
I am afraid not, your data is not taken into account when you create a restore point in XP.

However, those who have no data have no need to back up anything, the luckiest cumputer users I must say. They will also outlive those who worry about data all the time and keep backing it up.

Cookie Monster

31st May 2005
I have nothing i want to back up ^^

| Asus P6X58D-E Intel X58 | i7 950 | MSI GTX580 Twin FrozR | 6 gig Corsair XMS3 | Corsair TX850 |

31st May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf

i have never backed up that i know of...
does creating a restore point in Xp count?
Not in my opinion, restore points don't count.

I voted weekly but let me explain what I do and you tell me.
I have a DVD labled 'Progrmas' and every time I download/obtain a new program I like, I add it to the DVD-(which right now has like 30 various programs- e.g. AntiVir,WinAMP,DVD-decrytper......) Its my baby and recently I put them all back on the hard drive, checked them out, replaced them with current versions and so on. The its got a D-Skin(i love these things) and in a jewel case. This might sound foolish, but when a Program crashed or starts messing up, I instantly R/R.

As far as pics go-- they are uploaded to my Yahoo account in my photo albumn as well as on my hard drive(and some cd's but I don't really care about most of them)
Mostly I also got a DVD labled "My documents" which has all my works and receipts and all kinds of billing statements and tax info. Any time I add something new to that folder its gets added to the dvd-

So maybe I'm neurotic- but I know that I can format my hardrive anytime I choose(which I do at LEAST once a year and latley more often)- Which in my opinion is the best way to keep off spyware.
And yes, when one of my cds gets a scratch or has a corrupted file I almost lose it

HAHA --- come to think Of it--- I even back up my cell phone contacts to my computer, for those rare moments when phone is too dead to turn on/broken/lost and I absolutely need a number-- easily done thanks by mobile tools-- exsclusivley for Motorolla phones....

Self Proclaimed King of the GBA SP. Who else can watch Final Fantasy Advent Children on their GAME BOY

Last edited by Raje; 31st May 2005 at 07:07 PM..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: