Office XP Merge to Fax is disabled

Rocky B

      13th Oct 2003
the Merge to Fax button is greyed out on the toolbar, even
though I have Fax Service installed in WinXP and set up as
an email service in Outlook XP.

When I was using Windows 95 and Office 97, I used to be
able to place a fax number field in a Word source document
and populate this field from an Access database. I would
use the Merge to Fax feature in Word and Microsoft Fax
would send each individual letter to the appropriate fax
number for each merged document.

Has anyone figured out how to get this to work using Win
XP and Office XP??? I can't believe that a great feature
like this isn't supported in Windows XP!

Many thanks!!
Rocky

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      13th Oct 2003
There has never been a merge to Fax option with the Win 2K/Win XP Fax
Service. You have to merge to electronic mail. Outlined here:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/win2000fax.htm
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
news:057e01c3914b$33692790$(E-Mail Removed)...