Offer Remote Assistance

=?Utf-8?B?SHVu?=

      9th Mar 2005
Hello,
does anyone know how to enable Offer Remote Assistance using registry key?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

      9th Mar 2005
This is the only method you can use to offer Remote Assistance:

How to Use Offer Remote Assistance

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...t/default.mspx

"Hun" wrote:

| Hello,
| does anyone know how to enable Offer Remote Assistance using registry key?

=?Utf-8?B?SHVu?=

      9th Mar 2005
Are you sure?
You mean there is no way I can enable Offer Remote Assistance using registry
key?

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> This is the only method you can use to offer Remote Assistance:
>
> How to Use Offer Remote Assistance

> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...t/default.mspx

> "Hun" wrote:
>
> | Hello,
> | does anyone know how to enable Offer Remote Assistance using registry key?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

      9th Mar 2005
How can I start Remote Assistance and Offer Remote Assistance from the command-line?
http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBQ/tip8000/rh8047.htm

To start Remote Assistance from a command line, or shortcut:

%SystemRoot%\System32\rcimlby.exe -LaunchRA

To launch Offer Remote Assistance from a command line, or shortcut:

"%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore"
hcp://CN=Microsoft%20Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US/Remote%20Assistance/Escalation/Unsolicited/Unsolicitedrcui.htm

--

"Hun" wrote:

| Are you sure?
| You mean there is no way I can enable Offer Remote Assistance using registry
| key?

=?Utf-8?B?SHVu?=

      9th Mar 2005
Thanks,
but that's not registry key

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> How can I start Remote Assistance and Offer Remote Assistance from the command-line?
> http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBQ/tip8000/rh8047.htm
>
> To start Remote Assistance from a command line, or shortcut:
>
> %SystemRoot%\System32\rcimlby.exe -LaunchRA
>
> To launch Offer Remote Assistance from a command line, or shortcut:
>
> "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore"
> hcp://CN=Microsoft%20Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US/Remote%20Assistance/Escalation/Unsolicited/Unsolicitedrcui.htm
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...t/default.mspx

> "Hun" wrote:
>
> | Are you sure?
> | You mean there is no way I can enable Offer Remote Assistance using registry
> | key?

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

      9th Mar 2005
Hun wrote:

> does anyone know how to enable Offer Remote Assistance using
> registry key?

Hi

See if this post helps:

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?se...0microsoft.com

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...r/default.mspx

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

      9th Mar 2005
Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:

> How can I start Remote Assistance and Offer Remote Assistance from the command-line?
> http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBQ/tip8000/rh8047.htm
>
> To start Remote Assistance from a command line, or shortcut:
>
> %SystemRoot%\System32\rcimlby.exe -LaunchRA
>
> To launch Offer Remote Assistance from a command line, or shortcut:
>
> "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore"
> hcp://CN=Microsoft%20Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US/Remote%20Assistance/Escalation/Unsolicited/Unsolicitedrcui.htm

Hi Carey,

Note that the OP wrote *enable*, not start.