ODBC link to Oracle 8i database

Jeffrey Bedell

      3rd Oct 2003
We are a Peoplesoft shop and use Access to import/export
data between Oracle 8i databases. I mention this only
because what I want to do works in the Peoplesoft 7.6
database and not in the Peoplesoft 8.0 database. When I
link to the Oracle database (PS 7.6) using the Microsoft
Oracle ODBC driver, I see all of the tables which my ID
has access to. However, when I use the same driver to
link to the Peoplesoft 8.0 (still an Oracle 8i database)I
only see one table listed in the connection window. Is
there some sort of system table access that I am
missing? Not really sure what to look for here. I can
access the tables with the same ID using a different
tool. Only in Access am I limited to viewing just the
one table. Any suggestions would be greatly appeciated.

Joe Fallon

      4th Oct 2003
One user noted this: (unverified)
The list box that displays the objects that can be linked has a limit of
64,000
characters. In my case, the database contains 19,000 tables and 15,000
views, so I quickly exceeded that limit. I resolved the problem by
creating a role in SQL
Server that has access to a limited set of tables \ views.
I assigned a user id to the role and then used the user id in my DSN.
--
Joe Fallon

news:011101c389d2$757d76c0$(E-Mail Removed)...