PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Object permissions disappear

 
 
Albert Stravinski
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      27th Jan 2004
Hi,

I've this issue where users or groups who're given
permissions to an other object disappear after a while
(within 5-30 minutes).

To be specific, we discoverred this while giving a user
send as pemissions to an other users account.
After a while the user disappeared as an entry on the
other user object's security tab.
The problem suppossed to occure after applying the latest
Exchange post SP3 rollup. Before there where no issues.
We also tested this with setting other permissions, but
the same thing happens, so now I more think like this is
an AD issue.
We've checked replication topology, FSMO's, DNS, GC
placement, etc.
There are 4 DC's all within one subnet. All DC's are
running W2K SP4.

Any ideas???
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Matjaz Ladava [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      27th Jan 2004
If those accounts are part of any Admin group or similar, then you are
seeing AdminSDHolder process on work. See
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q318180 for detailed
explanation.

--
Regards

Matjaz Ladava, MCSE, MCSA, MCT, MVP
Microsoft MVP - Active Directory
(E-Mail Removed), (E-Mail Removed)
http://ladava.com

"Albert Stravinski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:54dc01c3e507$7ed9a370$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I've this issue where users or groups who're given
> permissions to an other object disappear after a while
> (within 5-30 minutes).
>
> To be specific, we discoverred this while giving a user
> send as pemissions to an other users account.
> After a while the user disappeared as an entry on the
> other user object's security tab.
> The problem suppossed to occure after applying the latest
> Exchange post SP3 rollup. Before there where no issues.
> We also tested this with setting other permissions, but
> the same thing happens, so now I more think like this is
> an AD issue.
> We've checked replication topology, FSMO's, DNS, GC
> placement, etc.
> There are 4 DC's all within one subnet. All DC's are
> running W2K SP4.
>
> Any ideas???



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      30th Jan 2004
Hmmm, that's a nice one.

This basically means you can't use any custom permissions
(including 'send as') on any object which is a member of
any of the standard administrative groups.

Thanks, anyway, saves me a lot of trouble further
investing the problem.


>-----Original Message-----
>If those accounts are part of any Admin group or

similar, then you are
>seeing AdminSDHolder process on work. See
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-

us;Q318180 for detailed
>explanation.
>
>--
>Regards
>
>Matjaz Ladava, MCSE, MCSA, MCT, MVP
>Microsoft MVP - Active Directory
>(E-Mail Removed), (E-Mail Removed)
>http://ladava.com
>
>"Albert Stravinski"

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:54dc01c3e507$7ed9a370$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've this issue where users or groups who're given
>> permissions to an other object disappear after a while
>> (within 5-30 minutes).
>>
>> To be specific, we discoverred this while giving a user
>> send as pemissions to an other users account.
>> After a while the user disappeared as an entry on the
>> other user object's security tab.
>> The problem suppossed to occure after applying the

latest
>> Exchange post SP3 rollup. Before there where no issues.
>> We also tested this with setting other permissions, but
>> the same thing happens, so now I more think like this

is
>> an AD issue.
>> We've checked replication topology, FSMO's, DNS, GC
>> placement, etc.
>> There are 4 DC's all within one subnet. All DC's are
>> running W2K SP4.
>>
>> Any ideas???

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: ultimate: permissions permissions permissions... Colon Terminus Windows Vista General Discussion 0 14th Apr 2008 07:14 PM
Some emails disappear -- then re-appear -- then disappear again!!! =?Utf-8?B?SmF5RA==?= Microsoft Outlook Discussion 2 11th Jan 2006 07:20 PM
Files without inherited permissions always deletable despite object specific permissions? WakA Microsoft Windows 2000 Security 10 12th Mar 2005 03:14 AM
Calendar Permissions Disappear Mike V Microsoft Outlook Calendar 0 16th Apr 2004 04:32 PM
Calendar items disappear / task due dates disappear Christie Microsoft Outlook Calendar 1 4th Oct 2003 05:30 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:51 PM.